City of Heroes: Rebirth > AE/Mission Architect

Want Dev's choice for your AE?

<< < (2/3) > >>

ElBee:

--- Quote from: SmallMedium on April 23, 2021, 10:07:54 pm ---469 - Trick or Treat

This was a contest winner, but it never ended up getting Dev's Choiced due to an AE wipe.

--- End quote ---

Ooh. Yeah. I'll have to check with the others if I can just put a pin in that.

ElBee:

--- Quote from: Quinch on April 10, 2021, 12:05:30 am ---Why the heck not?

490, Back Alley Brawler's training arc.

--- End quote ---

This arc was the best written I had done that night. This is getting DC'd.

Here are your scores:

Story Premise - 9/10
Is the premise interesting or well thought out? Is it super basic?
A training arc! Point docked because it doesn't really step outside of that.

Contact Writing - 20/20
Does the contact have details? How well does the contact explain what's going on?
Quinch NAILED this. Using colors to both highlight important details and for differentiating speech. The text was well written and delved into the lore quite a bit near the end. They got the voice of the character spot on too.

Enemy Design - 18/20
Does it use existing assets in an interesting way or does it have its own? Do those have descriptions? How are those written to explain who they are?
Giving us a wide variety of gangs to punch and learn about. Points docked because of how they didn't really act anything surprising save for some of the Clockwork.

Mission Details - 17/20
Are the missions explained well? Are the missions fun to play?
Points docked for overuse of objectives in certain missions and for the protect missions possibly overwhelming lower level players with ambushes unintentionally.

Show vs Tell - 19/20
How does the arc convey it's story? Is it all in clues? Do the NPCs exposit in NPC dialogue? Is there any exposition at all?
This goes into detail about what the gangs are. The only point docked was from directly referencing an outside piece of information and even that is just me being nitpicky.

Overall Quality - 10/10
How do I personally feel about the arc?
You explained what a glowie was in a way that I could believe it was in universe. This is a solid introduction to the mission structure of the game. I laughed at some of the jokes and it was the best arc I played tonight. Hands down.

Final Score - 93/100
I give 5 stars to anything above an 80. This was phenomenal. Well done!

Brigg:
Can I request a Dev Choice for my ArcID: #752? I gave it a story and some flair :)

Destan:
Sure... I'll throw my hat in the ring. When Brigg's was put up as Dev stamped, I wasn't going to bother. But now that the old messed up version is back, I'd like to see how people feel about my farm when it's got standard rewards.

To be honest, it's XP/Inf yields are at least 35% higher, and you get to punch a bunch of Destans all over. :D

Plus, the map is big, the mobs are big and stationary, and there's no danger for doorsitters at the entrance.

Arc ID: 537

ElBee:
I just wanted to lay out what's been going on with the effort to highlight more story driven arcs and why nothing has happened even before Ri2. To put the story short, I'm the one who's handling the matter and I've been *ultra* busy in the past few months.

I do have a small batch I played through recently and will probably highlight one of these next week as a Dev's Choice. But due to mitigating circumstances in my non-CoH life, I might not get to that task on this schedule. I can only hope for your understanding and patience especially given the frustrations of taking down the fire farm's Developer's Choices.

Once again we on the Rebirth Staff apologize for any delays and thank you for your patience.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version