Development > General Suggestions and Feedback

Alien Invasion MM summoning power set

(1/3) > >>

Joshex:
I would hereby like to suggest a new MM primary powerset.

Muon or someone, can you please think about this?

Alien Summoning/Alien Invasion Power Set

The powers would likely include the following;

Alien Pistol (Ranged, Energy, Minor Damage, KB, Disorient)
Available Level 1

(click to show/hide)Original: Enlist Rikti (Summon 1 to 3 Rikti Conscripts and or Infantry to fight for you)Enlist Rikti (Summon any of the following: 1 to 3 Rikti Conscripts, and or Infantry, or 2 to 6 rikti monkies, or 1 to 5 drones to fight for you)
Available Level 1
(click to show/hide)at level 1 to 10 you'll get either 1 conscript, or 1 infantry, or 2 monkies, or 2 drones. From 11 to 20 you'll get either 2 conscript and/or infantry, or 4 monkies, or 3 drones, or a mix 1 conscript/infantry per every 2 monkies, per every 1.5 drones(roughly). And from 21+; 3 conscript/infantry, or 6 monkies, or 5 drones, or a mix.
(click to show/hide)Original: Release the Rikti Monkey (summon 1 to 4 rikti monkies to aide you)Alien Rifle (Ranged, Energy, High Damage, Disorient)
Available Level 2

Modify Aliens (this power lets you upgrade 2 existing aliens of the type targetted ONCE, to a more powerful alien of that type if available. I.E. Conscript/Infantry > Guardian (no communications officer)> Headman OR Headman Gunman OR Cheif Mentalist(Lieut)> Chief [soldier, blaster, mezmerist] > Magus, or Rularuu watcher> observer> overseer i.e. Rikti Monkey > Wild Rikti Monkey > Vicious Rikti Monkey > N/A [Yet! = Rikti Gorilla (need graphics)], Drone > Improved Drone > Advanced Drone> Heavy Suit, Shivan> Shivan Smasher > Shivan Destroyer > Shivan Decimator. It buffs all other aliens with +HP +Perception +Accuracy +Damge)
Available level 6
(click to show/hide)If this power modifies an alien to another tier (conscript>guardian I.E.), the effect is permanent till defeat and/or resummon, if cast on an alien which has no next teir, I.E Vicious Rikti Monkey, Heavy Assault Suit(Drone), or Magus, overseer etc. (end tier) then it'll be a temporary buff as specified (+HP, Perception acc dam)
Only 2 of your aliens can be upgraded to Lieutenant at a time. If you select an alien and cast Modify Aliens, it and one other from it's summon will be upgraded to Lieutenant, if there are no others in it's summon it will upgrade at random 1 upgradable alien from another summon (if you have any other aliens out), for all other summoned aliens it will give them a permanent buff until defeat or resummon. Aliens summoned by "Summon Elite Alien" only get the buff regardless if they are the only alien summoned.
(click to show/hide)Original: Build Drone (Summon 1 to 2 rikti drones to fight for you)After rethinking this could be several things:
Explosive Blast (Targeted AoE, Extreme Damage Smash/Energy, Knockback) (from Ruladak the Strong)
Total Domination (Targetted AoE, Minor Damage Psionic, Foe Hold) (Rikti Priest)
Available Level 8

Summon Rularuu (Summon at random Rularuu Watchers, Wisps, Natterlings or Brutes (minions) to aide you in combat)
Available Level 12
(click to show/hide) The fact these are upgradable to a more powerful tier when using Modify Alien makes up for the loss in "at summon" power because they are minions.
This power summons 1 random rularuu when the character is low level, if you use it again, it unsummons your last rularuu and replaces it with another random rularuu. At higher levels it Summons 2 Random Rularuu
Invasion Portal (Defeatable, Field at location, for X minutes this power will summon a max of 5 minions at random from this location. If 5 are summoned this way and any are defeated while time remains on this field's cast; it will summon random replacements. Pets summoned this way will continue to exist even after the field has expired (until dismissed, or defeated, or leaving the map).
Available Level 18 - Rikti Communications Officers have a similar power (to summon conscripts and infantry)
(click to show/hide)Does not interfere with other summons, if you have a rularuu, drone, or shivan summoned, this power can summon up to 5 extras, for multi summon type pets it only summons 1 additional pet to a max of 5 extras). It's probably better that this power summon Tier 1 pets, Conscript, Infantry, Rikti Monkey, Drone, Watcher, Wisp, Natterling, Brute, Nictus Essence, Black Dwarf, Dark Nova, White Dwarf, Bright Nova, Maaxigada'arzildiloan minions (Like Dillo, but minion)), or Shivan (this power will not summon i.e. a Shivan Smasher -> Decimator, modify alien only grants a buff to these spawns! it will not upgrade them to a higher tier!)

Summon Elite Alien (summon at random a Shivan, or Honored Brute, or Overseer, or Wisp Overlord, or Chief Mentalist, or Chief Mezmerist, or Chief Soldier, or Rikti Magus(boss or Lv-2 Elite Boss), or Heavy Assault Suit to help you in battle)
Available Level 26

Alien Goo (Location AoE, Targets: (upgrade)+Def, +Res, +Damage, +Status Resistance(Sleep, Held, Immobilize, KB))
Available Level 32

I'm interested to see what people think.

Pros: we have the graphics for the summons, we have the stats and attack anims already done, all the pet powers are already in place. it's a great balance of Psionic, toxic energy, smashing and lethal

Cons: Ayyy lmao! and it might cause confusion if players can't color code their aliens different than the normal spawns. (not sure if these enemies textures support color changes)

This is a rough draft. Muon might need to look at it.

as a rough draft I imagine powers could be swaped around. maybe including all rikti in one summon power similar to rularuu. where you randomly get a Conscript, monkey, or drone.. not sure. the devs will have to consider that as this set at current is very Pet heavy more so than any other set.

Edits in blue

OminousUndead:
I like the idea

Joshex:
Has there been any progress towards this idea? like have the devs learned anything that would make this more possible?

SilverAgeFan:
Our team does have a decent understanding of what makes MMs tick under the hood and all the assets required to properly flesh out a new powerset. Right now the obstacle is one of production schedule. As you might imagine, a new MM primary represents the most resource intensive of possibly any new powerset to make from scratch.

Note that the team is working to move away from powersets that feel like recycled or even upcycled elements of existing assets.

We definitely want to bring the server some new MM primaries. Your set proposal, in its broad strokes, has been definitely been noticed and discussed by the powerset developers on our team. But I cannot at this juncture confirm or deny any new MM primaries that may or may not currently be in production.

BradleyIFV:
I know that it's good to have someone think outside the box compared to old standards, but this is a very odd set compared to anything currently available to Masterminds.

Level 1 power options are usually 1) a basic ranged attack, or 2) the "minion" pet power.  This suggestion uses the same basic format, but I do not agree on the delayed delivery of the 2nd and 3rd minions - all other MMs have their full complement by 26.  It would really be weird for that to be particular to this set, but I'd still not be in favor of that as an across-the-board MM change.  Also the ranged attack 1) is very similar in basic effect to the existing Robotics pulse rifle, 2) has the damage of a typical 2nd ranged attack, and 3) sports a Disorient on top of the Robotics' level 2 PR Burst's Knockback.

Level 2 is usually a more advanced ranged attack (although you've basically already done that with the level 1 ranged attack), but this suggestion is for another set of pets.  Comparatively, it's OP as it's either free damage, free hit points (enemies fire on pets vs. MM), or both.

Level 6 is hilariously OP as the MM can just take a little longer to cycle buff their pets over and over, and not just the standard 3x level 1, 2x level 12, and single level 26 pets either.

Level 8 is usually the final ranged attack, often either a cone or AoE attack, but the non-spoiler description is written like the normal level 12 "lieutenant" pet power.  if the power as written was just slotted in at level 12, I would probably have no immediate issue with it (except for the ludicrous initial over-upgrade power).

Level 12 is usually the "lieutenant" pet power - this is another pet power, but there's already an "Lt" pet power, this is a single pet, and it's also over-upgradeable.  Very OP.

Level 18 is just wow - auto-resummoning portal, up to 5 active pets that last until defeat, and can be over-upgraded.

Level 26 is a "boss" pet power that again would be fine, except for over-upgrade.

Level 32 is even worse/funnier than level 18 - AoE allies FULL heal + Clear Mind + DEF & DRES buffs.  Normally this would be the 2nd upgrade for just the standard 3/2/1 pets, but that's not needed because of the level 6 over-upgrade.

If this was just supposed to be a joke set, haha, you got me.  If not, there's no way this could be viewed as a legitimate set suggestion.  I'm sorry to be crapping on this so hard, but it's just bad.  I'm not even sure how I would rework the set to be closer to a standard MM set.  Maybe if it was more of a Rikti set than a generalized "alien" set, I would do the following:

Rikti Pistol (Energy)
Lvl 1 Moderate Dmg, c/f Disorient
Lvl 2 High Dmg/DoT, c/f Disorient
Lvl 8 s/t High Dmg/DoT, Disorient, maybe another effect

Pets
Lvl 1 Footmen (Infantry (sword then pistol), then Conscript (rifle then sword), then Guardian (maybe just Radiation powers rather than FF too))
Lvl 12 Headmen (sword and rifle, then TP)
Lvl 26 Chief (either Mentalist or Mesmerist (sword and psychic blast))

Other
Lvl 6 1st upgrade (second weapons for Footmen, 2nd buff for Guardian, TP for Headmen, 1st mez for Chiefs)
Lvl 18 Monkey Portal (Gang War, but with Rikti monkeys)
Lvl 32 2nd upgrade (not sure what to add to each that would be consistent with established lore)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version