City of Heroes: Rebirth > Base Building

Autumn Knights - Blueside Soloist 8x8 SG Base (image heavy!)

(1/3) > >>

Redlynne:
This is the entry for my (so far) soloist Supergroup at the registrar inside City Hall in Atlas Park.

At this time, I have 2699 unspent prestige after fully decorating my SG Base to become what you will see here in this thread.

* 3,018,499 - 2699 = 3,015,800 prestige spentSo slightly over 3 million prestige cost for what you're about to see.

Here is what the Autumn Knights base looks like from a top view in the Choose Plot editor:

And here's what all of the rooms are actually for:

Just in case anyone would like to know what the final "accounting" of items is, room by room ... well ... it's this ...

Entrance: 1
Energy (Aux): 1 (0) = 1000 energy generation, 655 energy used
Control (Aux): 1 (4) = 200 control generation, 180 control used
Storage: 6+6 salvage, 2+2 enhancement, 1 vault, 1 inspiration
Invention Tables: 1 arcane, 1 tech
Empowerment Stations: 1 Tier 3 arcane, 1 Tier 3 tech
Item of Power Base: 1
Medical: 2
Magicked Telepads: 2 (12 beacons)
Raid Telepad: 1

Decorative: 548+280+139+471+105+130+554+418+811 = 3456 (mix of 100, 500, 1000 and 5000 prestige each items)

And considering that I built my SG Base "in 3D" ... it took a while to get everything sorted and in exactly the right places (go figure, eh?).

Before getting into screenshots of the individual rooms, I just want to say that the still images I've taken for this Virtual Tour really don't do the place full justice (as visitors have already told me repeatedly). Screenshots do not adequately convey the sense of space and ... ambiance ... that you get from being there in person. I've even paid attention to the sight lines and soundscape that enhance the experience of being there in person, able to freely look around and FEEL what it is like to live in this base of mine.

So, without further preamble, let's get started!

Redlynne:

A lot of people who enter my SG Base for the first time are surprised to discover that you don't enter on the ground. Instead, the actual base "Entrance" is lifted up into the air on an Arcane Floor Seal (which is transparent from below, but visible from above!)

Wooden ledges and stairs wrap around the walls leading down onto the floor below providing walkable access, with spinning holograms in the corners to help guide lost visitors back towards the entrance/exit to the base. The Entrance Room also has (redundant) bathrooms for anyone who may want to "freshen up" a little after fighting crime.

The stylistic theme of the room is one of "Night Above/Day Below" where you enter the base into darkness before descending into the relaxing atmosphere of the lower portion of the room. The two "main" hallways leading out of the Entrance Room run through the Arcane Wing and the Tech Wing of the base itself.

With World Detail dialed up to 200% in the options menu, you can see the loading dock for 18 wheeler trucks to back up to for loading and unloading at the far end of the Tech Wing's long hallway from the Entry Room.

Redlynne:

Moving from the Entrance Room into the Arcane Wing, the first stop is the Arcane Workshop, which is split into three levels.

On the ground floor, the Invention Table and two Enhancement Tables can be found. In my base, I'm storing all of my Halloween Sets (from running all those Banners during the event) in these two Enhancement Tables (so I can find them easily).

The stairs provide easy walkable access to the upper two floors. The Personal Storage Vault is also accessible from the ground floor in the main hallway of the Arcane Wing.

The first floor above ground is home to the T1/T2/T3 Common Arcane Invention Salvage Racks, while the second/higher floor is where the T1/T2/T3 Uncommon+Rare Arcane Invention Salvage Racks and Arcane Empowerment Station are located. This arrangement helps me keep stocks of salvage "organized" by tiers and rarity, so if I need a particular piece of salvage to craft something, I know exactly which storage rack to go to in order to find it.

And just for shizzle, here is a view into the Arcane Workshop while standing on the "planet ring" that I built into the Infirmary (more about that bit of business later on!).  8)

Redlynne:

At the end of the Arcane Wing can be found one of my "pride and joy" accomplishments, the Control Room. On the left you can see the stacked Arcane Bookshelves and in the center of the room is the Oracle among the trees (the arcane counterpart to the Mission Computer). Comfortable leather sofas and bookshelves line the walls at ground level. There are also large tables set up, perfect for board games and the assembly of large puzzles during downtime between bouts of crime fighting.

The stairs up to the mid-level features wooden suspension bridges wrapping around the walls of the room hanging in front of stained glass windows that offer (distorted) views to the outside.

Rounding the final turn of the mid-level provides a view of the arcane Axis of Control (that "sings" as it spins). The platform it rests upon offers stair access up to the top level (what I like to think of as the "Loft" area).

At the top of the stairs, the "recreation loft" has theater seating for watching movies on the Big Plasma Screen™ in and amongst the "bendy library" lining the walls.

In the back corner of the "recreation loft" there is a gaming computer and server racks before venturing out onto another suspension bridge between the two lofts up near the ceiling. The far loft also has another gaming computer set up, although it also tends to be used for "more practical purposes" at times.

From the middle of the bridge between the two loft areas, a most delightful Treehouse Effect™ has been realized when looking back towards the Entrance Room along the Arcane Wing hallway. The sound of the Oracle down below sounds like wind blowing through the tree foliage that can be seen swaying below.

On the other side of the last suspension bridge is the "Boardroom Loft" where SG members (once I can induct more) can gather to discuss plans, schedules and other "business" concerns the SG may have. There is even a water fountain on the back wall beside the bridge.

The balconies wrapped around the outside of the "Boardroom Loft" offer some interesting views of their own when looking back towards the Entrance Room along the Arcane Wing hallway.

Redlynne:

Returning to the Arcane Workshop and turning towards the center of the base, is the Infirmary. Note the "planet" suspended above the arcane Inspiration Storage rack with the arcane Resurrection Circle on top of it all the way up at the ceiling.

Here are the corresponding views into the Infirmary from the ground and top floor (by the Empowerment Station) of the Tech Workshop.

Ground floor views showing the stairs leading up to the suspended "planet" and the sitting area under them (which can also be used as crash space when necessary). Beyond the arcane Inspiration Storage rack, you can see the Tree of Wonders that I have installed (with an ACTUAL TREE!).

The Tree of Wonders (or its tech counterpart, the Auto Doc) is unlocked by earning an SG badge that requires 1,000,000 HP healed while in SG mode. I was able to accomplish this on my Tanker (Redlynne, solo) by use of Aid Other, Aid Self and Hybrid: Rebirth. The Tree of Wonders is an extremely useful item to have inside an SG base, because it is a Vendor that will buy and sell Inspirations for INF ... particularly the ones you don't want to keep or use. Beyond the Tree of Wonders (and through the arcane arches), you can see into the connecting Teleport Chamber and Containment Alcove beyond.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version