Author Topic: Potential Errors with Powers  (Read 2682 times)

Nekrovile

• Developer
  • Inf: +6/-0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Potential Errors with Powers
« on: June 05, 2021, 02:41:54 pm »
(Edit: I changed this thread to be a place where I can post other potential errors, so they are easy to find. Just because I post something here, doesn't mean it is going to be changed. Some of these things may be intentional.)

I noticed some powers are behaving slightly differently in PvP. I am not sure if these are intended by the original devs.

- In PvP, Boxing from the Fighting pool does not have an increased chance to stun when taking kick. In PvE, it does.
- Cross Punch from the Fighting pool has a smaller chance to stun when used in PvP.
- The power Injection from the Medicine pool has a stronger To-Hit debuff in PvP.
- This isn't a PvP error, but Rune of Protection from the Sorcery pool does not mention the small crash that it has.
- Whirlwind in the Speed pool has a stronger knockback in PvP.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2021, 02:10:12 pm by Nekrovile »

Nekrovile

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Potential Errors with Powers
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2021, 02:38:25 pm »
Blaster Secondaries

- Devices
   - Web Grenade cannot use Slow IOs, but it can take Slow SOs.
   - Some Grenade accepts Accuracy SOs, but not Accurate To Hit Debuff IOs. 
   - Field Operative accepts End Mod SOs, but not End Mod IOs.
   - Gun Drone accepts Ranged Damage IOs and Recharge Pet IOs, but not normal Pet IOs.
- Darkness Manipulation
   - Touch of the Beyond accepts Blaster Enhancements even though it does no damage, it counts as a melee attack even though the range is 80 feet (this may be intended or it might be left over from before the power was changed. The 60 foot ranged fear in the psi secondary also is melee, so maybe it is intended.), and it doesn't accept To Hit Debuff IOs or Accurate To Hit Debuff IOs when it accepts To Hit Debuff SOs.
- Electricity Manipulation
   -  Force of Thunder only takes Stun and Knockback IOs, but it can take Heal and End Mod SOs.
- Fire Manipulation
   -  Cauterizing Aura accepts End Mod SOs, but not IOs. I am not sure if the power should get Accurate Heal IOs (it currently doesn't) since it does heal and accept accuracy. I just don't think the heal  is dependent on it hitting.
- Ice Manipulation
   -  Frigid Protection accepts End Mod SOs, but not IOs.
- Martial Combat
   -  Inner Will accepts End Mod SOs, but I do not think it benefits from it.

Pool Powers

- Medicine
   -  Injection accepts To-Hit Debuff SOs, but not IOs
- Presence
   -  Pacify cannot take End Reduction SOs even though it costs endurance.
- Sorcery
   -  Rune of Protection from the Sorcery pool does not mention the small crash that it has.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2021, 06:53:14 pm by Nekrovile »

Nekrovile

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2021, 11:31:21 pm »
Scrapper Primaries
- In PvP, scrappers primaries display more damage than they normally do. I assume this has something to do with crits.
- Broadsword and Katana
   - Attacks may have a 99.8% chance for the defense debuff. The text even says “can” when referring to the debuff.
- Dual Blades
   - Nimble Slash’s crit in PvP may be doing half the intended damage. It may only go off of one tick of damage while the PvE one goes off of both.
   - One Thousand Cuts’s crit in PvP doesn’t do double damage, but the normal damage may have extra damage to begin with. In PvE the power does 11 small ticks of damage and then one big one. In PvP the power does the same, but it has one big tick at the start as well.
- Electric Melee
   - Jacob’s Latter’s PvP mez component also works in PvE.
   - Lightning Rod’s fire damage doesn’t say “only when using fiery embrace.” Since it is a pseudopet, it is harder for me to check.
   - I don’t know if this is intended, but most of the sleep effects only work for .3 seconds in PvP
- Fire Melee
   - Fire sword’s crit in PvP does the incorrect amount of damage. It does the same damage as in PvE.
- Kinetic Melee
   - This is probably intended, but the powers do not lower psionic or toxic damage.
- Martial Arts
   - Crippling Axe Kick has a 100% chance to immobilize in PvE with a 50% chance to have an extra magnitude immobilize. In PvP, it only has a 50% chance to immobilize. The text of the power says “may immobilize.”
   - Eagle’s Claw’s smaller description says it has +special, but the longer description doesn’t mention anything about it. When looking at City of Data, it says 3 things that are similar to “+33% to chance of all effects tagged ECCritModPlayer for 2s (after 1.2 second delay)” so I don't know if that is what it is talking about.
- Radiation Melee
   - Irradiated Ground debuffs defense, but does not take any defense debuff enhancements. In addition to that, the power cannot take Scrapper ATOs.
- Savage Melee
   - Blood Thirst has a heal over time in PvE and PvP. Usually heal over time powers are changed to regeneration in PvP, because of heal decay.
- Staff Melee
   - Innocuous Strikes’s crit in PvP does less damage than probably intended. The power does 5 ticks of damage. In PvE, it counts all of that damage for the crit. In PvP, it only counts 1 tick of damage.
   - Innocuous Strikes has a 60% chance to immobilize in PvE, but a 100% chance in PvP
   - Sky Splitter’s buff scale off of the the opponent. Stronger opponents give weaker buffs.
- Street Justice
   - Spinning Strike looks like it has a second mini crit in PvP.
- Titan Melee
   - Follow Through’s DoT only works in PvE and not in PvP
   - Whirling Slash’s DoT only works in PvE and not in PvP

Scrapper Secondaries
- Bio Armor
   - The powerset has no extra debuff protection in PvP. Every other defensive set has that. This is what it should have to match all other sets in PvP. The debuff protection is 30% against defense debuffs, 30% against to hit debuffs, 30% against recharge debuffs, 50% against run speed debuffs, 50% against fly speed debuffs, 50 % jump height debuffs, and 50% jump speed debuffs.
   - Offensive Adaptation’s text says it lowers defense and resistances, but it only lowers resistances. “While Offensive Adaptation is active your Defense and Damage Resistance is reduced slightly.”
   - Hardened Carapace gives a LOT less resistance in PvP. This power gives around 18% resistance in PvE and around an extra 5% if you have Defensive Adaptation on. This extra 5% does not benefit from enhancements. In PvP, the 18% vanishes. According to mids, the set always may have the extra 5% in PvP but I am not sure if it does in game. This means the power gives around 13% less resistance than intended (18% less if in defensive mode) in PvP and that is only if you are not slotted with resistance. It also means the power does not benefit from resistance enhancements in PvP at all.
   - Evolving Armor can take normal Taunt enhancements, but not Taunt IOs.
   - DNA Siphon is an odd power since it works differently depending on if the surrounding enemies are alive or dead. The game does not display all of the effects. I am not sure if it is because of this oddity or if it is because there are powers missing. It is possible the detailed numbers just don’t show the effects and it works correctly.
   - Parasitic Aura cannot take endurance reduction enhancements, even though it costs endurance.
- Electric Armor
   - Power Sink says it gives +5% rage. I am unsure if this is used for anything or if it is just leftover from the Brute version.
- Fiery Aura
   - Burn in City of Data says it does an extra 90.09 Fire damage, but the in game numbers do not reflect this. I am not sure if this power doesn’t show everything due to it using a pseudo pet.
- Radiation Armor
   - Fallout Shelter is missing 30% defense debuff resistance in PvP. The powerset should get it even though it is a resistance set to be consistent with the other powersets. All defense sets (except Bio Armor, but that one isn’t complete) have the same extra debuff protection in PvP.
   - Fallout Shelter’s text says it gives resistance to slow effects, but it does not.
   - Beta Decay accepts normal Taunt enhancements, but not Taunt IOs. It also accepts Accurate To Hit Debuff IOs and Accurate Defense Debuff IOs even though it does not accept normal Accuracy Enhancements. I am pretty sure the power is auto hit.
   - Meltdown’s text does not mention the recovery crash that it has. Only the endurance crash.
- Shield Defense
   - Phalanx Fighting’s detailed numbers do not show the defense that you get when the power scales off of having more teammates.
   - Grant Cover’s detailed numbers do not show how much defense the power gives to your team.
- Super Reflexes
   - Quickness does not have resistances to jump speed debuffs or jump height debuffs. I am not sure if this is intended.

Epic Powers
- Body Mastery
   - Laser Beam Eyes may have some brute properties in the power (taunt and fury), but those only are enabled if a brute uses the power. I do not believe brutes can end up with this power from this specific epic pool, so the power was probably just copied and those effects were not removed.
   - Energy Torrent’s crit may be doing around 1.88 extra damage. It isn’t a big deal though. In addition to that, it is similar to Laser Beam Eyes, but it only has the taunt if the user is a brute. Again, this part doesn’t affect the user since it will always be a scrapper.
- Darkness Mastery
   - Torrent may have some brute properties just like Laser Beam Eyes. If the user is a brute, it gives fury and taunt.
   - Petrifying Gaze may have the same brute properties.
   - Dark Blast may have the same brute properties.
   - Night Fall’s crit in PvP might not be doing enough damage. The power also has the same brute properties.
   - Tenebrous Tentacles may have the same brute properties.
- Weapon Mastery
   - Web Grenade may have some brute properties just like Laser Beam Eyes. If the user is a brute, it gives fury and taunt.
   - Shuriken may have the same brute properties.
   - Exploding Shuriken may have the same brute properties.
- Soul Mastery
   - Dark Blast may follow stalker rules when it comes to crits. Epic powers that are not patron powers crit normally.
   - Moonbeam may follow stalker rules when it comes to crits.
   - Soul Storm cannot crit. The hold in Blaze Mastery can.
   - Many of the patron pets allow odd enhancements. I am not checking them all this time around, but I felt I should bring it up for Summon Widow
- Mace Mastery
   - Mace Blast may follow stalker rules when it comes to crits. Epic powers that are not patron powers crit normally.
   - Mace Beam may follow stalker rules when it comes to crits.
   - Disruptor Blast may follow stalker rules when it comes to crits.
   - Many of the patron pets allow odd enhancements. I am not checking them all this time around, but I felt I should bring it up for Summon Spiderlings.
- Leviathan Mastery
   - Spirit Shark’s crit damage seems off to me. In PvE, it counts the normal damage the power does and only 3 ticks out of the 4 for the DoT. In PvP, it only counts the normal damage. Besides that, it may follow stalker rules when it comes to crits. Epic powers that are not patron powers crit normally.
   - Spirit Shark Jaws cannot crit. The hold in Blaze Mastery can.
   - Water Spout’s knockup does not work against players.
   - Many of the patron pets allow odd enhancements. I am not checking them all this time around, but I felt I should bring it up for Summon Guardian.
- Mu Mastery
   - Mu Bolts may follow stalker rules when it comes to crits. Epic powers that are not patron powers crit normally.
   - Zapp is very messed up.
       - It uses a ranged modifier instead of a melee modifier when calculating damage. This causes the power to do a lot less damage than intended. The other snipes all use the melee modifier.
       - Zapp may follow the old stalker rules when it comes to crits. This means it can only crit if the user is hidden or if the target is sleeping or not hidden.
       - The PvE crit can still go off in PvP. This means the power can crit based off of the PvE damage and the PvP damage if the target is held or sleeping.
   - Electric Shackles cannot crit. The hold in Blaze Mastery can.
   - Many of the patron pets allow odd enhancements. I am not checking them all this time around, but I felt I should bring it up for Summon Adept.
- Martial Prowess
   - Warrior’s Mark cannot take range enhancements
   - Entangling Arrow cannot take Slow IOs even though it can take normal slow enhancements.
   - Aimed Shot’s crit damage looks off. Crits in PvE may do too much damage and crits in PvP may do too little damage.
   - Shukuchi cannot take any IOs. This may be intended, but I am not sure if it is supposed to be able to take teleport IOs.
(The next two are in the Stalker version of Martial Prowess)
   - Stalker Assassin’s Arrow crits may be doing too much damage.
   - Stalker’s War Cry cannot slot for fear, but that may be intended. War Cry cannot slot for accuracy, but I am not sure if it is intended and the power is an auto hit. The fear portion of the power only works in PvE and not in PvP.

Etc.
These are from archetypes that I haven't finished looking at.
- Controller Wind Control
   - Breathless can take slow IOs even though it does not benefit from them.
   - Wind Sheer can take Controller ATOs, even though it does not have any form of hard control that benefits from the Mez portions of it.
   - Thundergust has a 100% chance to knockdown in PvE, but only 20% in PvP
   - Vacuum just looks odd. I don’t understand how the power works enough to know if it is correct.
   - Vortex cannot take Controller ATOs. It is a pet, so I am not sure if it is intended.
- Dominator Wind Control
   - Breathless can take slow IOs even though it does not benefit from them.
   - Wind Sheer can take Dominator ATOs, even though it does not have any form of hard control that benefits from the Mez portions of it.
   - Vortex cannot take Dominator ATOs. It is a pet, so I am not sure if it is intended.
   - The endurance costs for Controllers and Dominators is different. For example, Wind Sheer for controllers costs 1.04 end/sec, but it costs .36 end/sec for dominators.

Exothermaniac

• Inf: +1/-0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2021, 09:29:16 pm »
Figured I'd add another example of weirdness to this thread:

Dominator Epic power pool Psionic Mastery
Link minds does not accept "Special" effects from Gather Shadows - its defence and tohit numbers should increase but do not. Attached screenshots shows numbers for Link minds + toggles without activation of Gather Shadows (top); Link minds clicked directly after Gather shadows with toggles affected (middle); and finally the same set after Gather shadows buff has worn off but Link minds still running (bottom).

It seems as if the Special buff from Gather shadows simply isn't applying correctly to Link minds. This should pretty much be identical in function to Power build up or Power boost for Defender/Corruptor/Controller affecting Farsight in Time manipulation, for instance.

If I were to wager a guess this may have been a quick fix to avoid the +Dmg from Gather shadows buffing the Psi resist in Link minds. Not sure that really makes sense for a 1.7% resist buff but it's the only reason I could think of as to why the +Defence/+Tohit is not affected by the Special flag.

Gather shadows and Link minds_forum.png

Nekrovile

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2022, 10:19:25 pm »
More stuff I found. Again, these may not all be errors. Just things that I found odd and wanted to point out.

Blasters
 • Energy Manipulation
   - Staggering Burst for blasters does extra damage in PvP. The PvE damage is not properly flagged as only in PvE.
 • Electrical Manipulation
   - Force of Thunder can accept Accuracy and Heal enhancements, but not Accurate Healing IOs. I am not sure if this is intended since the regen buff might not need the attack to hit.

Tanker
 • Energy Melee
   - Staggering Burst has a 75% chance to stun in PvP as opposed to the 100% chance for every other AT.
 • Ice Armor
   - Glacial Armor’s Energy Defense was not buffed to have a scale of 2 in PvP.

Scrapper/Stalker
 • Ice Armor
   - Glacial Armor’s Psionic Defense may be slightly too high in PvP. It has a scale of 2.1.

Epic Powers
•   Guardian Ice Mastery
   Freezing Touch did not get buffed, but this may have been intended.
•   Scrapper/Stalker Mu Mastery
   Zapp’s damage in PvP is smashing instead of energy.

Guardian
 • Ninja Assault’s Scorpion Sting has a few potential errors.
   - It does not have a correct hold duration in PvP. It has a separate value in PvP, but it is exactly the same in PvE which is 5.96s.
   - It has a jump height debuff. Many of these types of debuffs ignore buffs and enhancements, but this power does not.
   - The slows use the melee slow modifier even though it is a ranged attack and the damage debuff uses the ranged modifiers.
 • Kinetic Assault
   - All damage powers grant “8 rage” when used in PvP. It is probably leftover from dominators.
   - Disrupting Torrent displays in game as doing -1 smashing and -1 energy damage in PvP, but I cannot figure out why.
   - Kinetic Shockwave takes Stun enhancements and Stun IOs even though it does not benefit from it.
   - Energetic Strike’s stun says it only works when Domination is available. The stun is also irresistible in PvP.
   - Kinetic Lance does 4 ticks of damage in PvE, but 3 in PvP. The PvE DoT only has an 80% chance to go off, but the PvP DoT will always go off.
 • Infiltrator Training
   - Combat Reflexes loses its DDR in PvP. This potential error was copied from Ninjitsu’s Ninja Reflexes.

Controller
 • Water Control
   - Suffocate’s text says that if the target is has “improved movement speed reduction” if it is drowning, but the power says it only debuffs defense. I think Suffocate PvP drowning damage is incorrectly set to only work in PvE.
   - Geyser Burst’s detailed info shows two different slow effects. I assume the stronger one goes off if the enemy is drowning. However, the power and Water Control’s description do not say the power benefits from the enemy drowning. The power uses a pet, so it is a bit harder for me to check.
   - Turbulent Aura looks like it might do more damage and have a higher chance to knockdown if the enemy is drowning, but the power’s description doesn’t mention that. It might be intended, but I find it odd that the chance to knockdown is lower in PvP. Speaking of PvP, the small heal may weaken the player due to heal decay. Small consistent heals are often changed to regeneration in PvP to get around this. Turbulent Aura’s containment damage is different in PvE and PvP, even though the normal damage is the same.
   - Riptide’s description says it does damage, but it doesn’t say anything where it would normally say something like “Damage: Minor.”
   - Tidal Wave takes slow and universal debuff IOs, but not normal slow enhancements.
   - Drowning Pool’s description doesn’t mention that the defense debuff is improved if the target is drowning.

Dominator
 • Water Control
   - The following powers have a lower damage scale in PvP and cost more endurance for dominators when compared to controllers.
              - Delude, Suffocate, Geyser Burst (also the PvE damage), Riptide (also the PvE damage), Tidal Wave
   - The following powers only cost more endurance for dominators when compared to controllers.
              - Hypothermia, Drowning Pool, Water Golem
   - Hypothermia’s domination sleep effect is not unresistable in PvP. The other mez effects in the set are set to be unresistable in PvP so I am not sure if this is an error or intended.
   - Geyser Burst’s slows are stronger than the controller version.
   - Tidal Wave may still have the “overpower” effect from controllers. It has an additional 20% chance to add a 1 magnitude stun to the power.
   - Drowning Pool may still have the “overpower” effect from controllers. It has an additional 20% chance to add a 1 magnitude hold to the power.
(Everything below was copied from the controller list above.)
   - Suffocate’s text says that if the target is has “improved movement speed reduction” if it is drowning, but the power says it only debuffs defense. I think Suffocate PvP drowning damage is incorrectly set to only work in PvE.
   - Geyser Burst’s detailed info shows two different slow effects. I assume the stronger one goes off if the enemy is drowning. However, the power and Water Control’s description do not say the power benefits from the enemy drowning. The power uses a pet, so it is a bit harder for me to check.
   - Turbulent Aura looks like it might do more damage and have a higher chance to knockdown if the enemy is drowning, but the power’s description doesn’t mention that. It might be intended, but I find it odd that the chance to knockdown is lower in PvP. Speaking of PvP, the small heal may weaken the player due to heal decay. Small consistent heals are often changed to regeneration in PvP to get around this.
   - Riptide’s description says it does damage, but it doesn’t say anything where it would normally say something like “Damage: Minor.”
   - Tidal Wave takes slow and universal debuff IOs, but not normal slow enhancements.
   - Drowning Pool’s description doesn’t mention that the defense debuff is improved if the target is drowning.

• Kinetic Assault
   - Disrupting Torrent displays in game as doing -1 smashing and -1 energy damage in PvP, but I cannot figure out why.
   - Kinetic Shockwave takes Stun enhancements, Stun IOs and Dominator ATOs even though it does not benefit from them.
   - Kinetic Lance does 4 ticks of damage in PvE, but 3 in PvP. The PvE DoT only has an 80% chance to go off, but the PvP DoT will always go off.

ETC:
 • The Whirling Hands buff was not given to Dominators and Guardians.
 • The Wet Ice buff was not given to Guardians.
 • It might be intentional since the patch notes only talked about epic powers, but the Explosive Shuriken buffs were not given to Martial Mastery for Dominators and Guardians.
 • The pet used in the power Sleet has a slightly smaller chance to knockdown in PvP.
 • Empathy’s Resurrect power says it can take “Enhance Rez” enhancements. I don’t mean the IOs, but the normal enhancements. Is this intended?
 • Rise of the Phoenix’s smaller description (at least the brute version) doesn’t mention the +Damage that it has. It just says “Self Rez, Special”
 • Soul Transfer’s smaller description (at least the tank version) doesn’t mention the  +Regen/+Recovery that it has. It just says “Self Rez, Special”
 • Stygian Return’s smaller description doesn’t mention the  +Regen/+Recovery that it has. It just says “Self Rez, Special”
 • Vicious Slash in Savage Melee’s second portion of Fiery Embrace damage most likely is supposed to do 4 ticks of damage, but it only does 1.