Author Topic: SuperSports/SuperBall  (Read 2677 times)

Joshex

• Inf: +3/-1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
SuperSports/SuperBall
« on: July 09, 2021, 11:07:43 am »
It all started with some 5th column standing around a Council member who was out cold on the ground with a full health bar. After defeating the 5th column, I stopped and thought about what to do with this reactionless body on the sidewalk. just defeat them as usual? I kinda felt it'd be wrong to just off them in their sleep. Then I thought maybe I could nudge them with a low power attack to wake them up. then I thought hey [Kick] is appropriate here. But I couldn't be sure so I asked other players and after fulfilling /em teabag, I decided that the suggestion of playing punt the fascist was too good to pass up.

but it was all over too fast! :-\ one kick and then another ranged knockback power and it was over... about 5 meters not counting legspan.

then came the idea; SuperBall. and the enemy IS the ball!

Imagine if players could spawn a pet enemy of their choice (or random roll) with no attacks and an infinite healthbar though it is attackable. especially an enemy that doesn't run. then you get 2 teams and attempt to knock him off the opposite team's side of whatever.

We could do it as a friday night SuperSport event. KB, KDown, KUp alls good if the enemy is greycon.

what say you devs? can we have a little harmless fun?  ;D

Donkyhotay

• Inf: +3/-0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: SuperSports/SuperBall
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2021, 12:39:03 pm »
While it would take a little work, what if we could spawn an actual ball? The ball would be an "enemy" for game purposes but with infinite health (so it'd also work as a target dummy) and is simply a small sphere. Maybe the basketball or even the soccerball from those animations if it could be pulled out and reused. The ball can't move, no AI, but is subject to knockback. While it'd be a bit strange, with a basic "enclosed court" map and some goal posts you could theoretically have a game of "superhero soccer" with heroes using KB powers to try to get the ball into the other teams goal net.
Do not be afraid to joust a giant just because some people insist on believing in windmills.

Joshex

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2021, 01:29:23 pm »
While it would take a little work, what if we could spawn an actual ball? The ball would be an "enemy" for game purposes but with infinite health (so it'd also work as a target dummy) and is simply a small sphere. Maybe the basketball or even the soccerball from those animations if it could be pulled out and reused. The ball can't move, no AI, but is subject to knockback. While it'd be a bit strange, with a basic "enclosed court" map and some goal posts you could theoretically have a game of "superhero soccer" with heroes using KB powers to try to get the ball into the other teams goal net.

That works, if you come up with a custom Ball design I can make it easy. I don't know what formats you can import but I can do most of the standard old formats.

I still think it'd be worth a laugh to import enemies as the ball, but an actual ball is fine too.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2021, 06:53:19 pm by Joshex »

Donkyhotay

• Inf: +3/-0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2021, 09:34:53 pm »
I still think it'd be worth a laugh to import enemies as the ball

That's the Rogue Isles version... (c;
Do not be afraid to joust a giant just because some people insist on believing in windmills.

Joshex

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2021, 07:11:12 pm »
I still think it'd be worth a laugh to import enemies as the ball

That's the Rogue Isles version... (c;

now I'm thinking enemies inside the ball like this:

Also the summer block buster colleseum could be a great arena map for these games.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2021, 07:14:55 pm by Joshex »