Author Topic: SG Base Item: Staff  (Read 2355 times)

Joshex

• Inf: +3/-1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
SG Base Item: Staff
« on: June 07, 2021, 07:44:14 pm »
So, there are people like merit vendors and freedom corps. enhancement vendors and even DO and SO vendors from respective origin shops, heck even tailors, nurses etc.

While some of these things are base items as machines (Merit Vendor machine), others are not. and honestly sometimes you prefer to talk to a person about merit exchange. don't know about you, but the thought of the machine eating my merits popped into my head when I typed that.

So, I propose a new category of base item:
Staff.

everything from the human merit vendor NPCs to hospital nurses et cetera could be available to place in a super group base. naturally you'd have to cover their salary in prestige. and they could probably be limited in number allowed.

I think I threw this idea around on another forum, and i think for the most part like many of my ideas, it got views but scarcely a reply. I assume it might not be an idea that has a massive desire from the playerbase behind it though it'd be nice. But also probably difficult to code in.

Regardless, I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Donkyhotay

• Inf: +3/-0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: SG Base Item: Staff
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2021, 12:12:10 pm »
I don't think it's a bad idea, I wouldn't mind being able to place "workers" in my SG base, however I also don't see an overwhelming need for it either.
Do not be afraid to joust a giant just because some people insist on believing in windmills.

Danaid

• Developer
  • Inf: +1/-0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2021, 08:52:18 pm »
It would be nice if you could put them in a costume or at least colors of your Supergroup so they would be like non-superpowered SG members.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2021, 05:51:57 pm by Joshex »

Joshex

• Inf: +3/-1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2021, 05:52:36 pm »
why not make an item that can be set to [offline member: "name", "emote", "action"] imagine having offline members characters be loaded in the SG as NPCs looking like they are doing something in a specific place.

Action could be something like "patrol", or "Follow route A and stop at each location"

I know this is getting crazily complicated.

as for SG colors on an NPC. I think some of the textures are hard-colored to one color. not sure if it'd be possible without instancing another whole NPC entity. but good idea if it works!

second note; Wait, the thread OP can modify other posters posts?