Author Topic: Bring over suggestions from the discord and old forums  (Read 2222 times)

jordan_yen

• Inf: +7/-0
    • View Profile
    • Jordan's Town
    • Awards
Bring over suggestions from the discord and old forums
« on: June 16, 2021, 06:44:01 am »
I had some really good ideas before, but I can't remember what they were. Someone was keeping track of the suggestions made on Discord right? Posting them here would help with visibility. Also, when we had the old forums, it was the suggestions area that had the most attention. I'd hate for all of that to be lost.

Donkyhotay

• Inf: +3/-0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Bring over suggestions from the discord and old forums
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2021, 01:54:59 pm »
Honestly, this really comes back to us needing to use the forum more. Currently the Rebirth community is centered around the discord. I have no problem with discord, I use it quite often, however it does have limitations, most notably it's tendency to be a "memory hole".
Do not be afraid to joust a giant just because some people insist on believing in windmills.

BradleyIFV

• Inf: +1/-0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Bring over suggestions from the discord and old forums
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2021, 11:38:46 am »
New to the forums - just got onto the server over this past weekend.  Thank you to everyone involved in making this happen!

I was fairly active over on the old Suggestions forums and a series of posts I made in the old Lady-Jade's Powerset Suggestion Box was for assessing the powersets that were in play back when I started my work (late October 2008!). Basically I looked at what damage types (outgoing and incoming) were represented by any particular AT's options. For example, the first one I posted covered just Blaster primaries, which at the time included only 8: Archery, Assault Rifle, Electrical Blast, Energy Blast, Fire Blast, Ice Blast, Psychic Blast, and Sonic Blast. My assessment at the time said that Lethal, Smashing, and Energy were all fairly well represented; Fire just a little less so; Ice and Psychic had one set each; and Negative and Toxic were without sets. I called for Dark Blast to be ported over from Defenders/Corruptors (done), along with Radiation Blast (done), and then new sets for Earth Blast and possibly a Gadget Gun/Magic Wand (neither added). We did get Beam Rifle, Dual Pistols, and Water Blast, all good choices.

When I've got more time, I'd like to re-run those assessments for the current configuration and then look at what is still out there as gaps needing to be filled (by whom? IDK).