Author Topic: Praetorian DISloyalty!  (Read 2044 times)

Redlynne

• Inf: +7/-2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Praetorian DISloyalty!
« on: October 15, 2022, 08:50:45 pm »
If you have every wanted to play ALL of the storylines in Praetoria on a single character ... changing loyalties each and every single time, always "betraying" your current loyalty in order to switch sides at every opportunity ... this guide is for YOU.
Currently, on Rebirth, Praetorian story arcs are not accessible by the Pillar of Ice and Flame for flashbacks, so the only way to access ALL of these story lines is to halt accumulation of XP at Levels 9 (Nova Praetoria), 14 (Imperial City) and 19 (Neutropolis) until you have completed all 4 storylines for each zone. If you do not halt XP gain, you will outlevel the contacts in zones long before being able to access multiple storyline endings.

Resistance (Warden)
Nova Praetoria
  • Robert Flores -> Tunnel Rat -> Doctor Arvin
Imperial City
  • Jessica Flores -> Luke Larson -> Doctor Steffard -> Seer 1381
Neutropolis
  • Aaron Walker -> Penelope Yin -> Dark Watcher
=====

Resistance (Crusader)
Underground Nova
  • Ricochet -> Splice -> Jack Hammer
Underground Imperial
  • Hatchet -> Beholder -> Vagabond -> Wardog
Underground Neutropolis (do Resistance Warden first)
  • Crow -> Helix -> Calvin Scott
=====

Loyalist (Responsibility)
Nova Praetoria
  • Chief Interrogator Washington -> Cleopatra
Imperial City (do Resistance Warden first)
  • Interrogator Kang -> Alec Parson -> Investigator Whitworth -> Chance McKnight
Neutropolis
  • IVy -> Praetor Tilman -> Anti-Matter
=====

Loyalist (Power)
Nova Praetoria
  • Deputy Assistant of Information -> Warrant -> Reese
Imperial City
  • Mr. G -> Transmuter -> Tami Baker -> Praetor Sinclair
Neutropolis
  • Dr. Hetzfeld -> Bobcat -> Neuron
=====

Resistance End
Nova Praetoria (1-9) = Resistance (Warden) -> Loyalist (Power) -> Resistance (Crusader) -> Loyalist (Responsibility) -> RESISTANCE!
Imperial City (8-14) = Resistance (Warden) -> Loyalist (Responsibility) -> Resistance (Crusader) -> Loyalist (Power) -> RESISTANCE!
Neutropolis (15-20) = Resistance (Warden) -> Loyalist (Power) -> Resistance (Crusader) -> Loyalist (Responsibility) -> RESISTANCE!

=====

Loyalist End
Nova Praetoria (1-9) = Loyalist (Responsibility) -> Resistance (Warden) -> Loyalist (Power) -> Resistance (Crusader) -> LOYALIST!
Imperial City (8-14) = Loyalist (Power) -> Resistance (Warden) -> Loyalist (Responsibility) -> Resistance (Crusader) -> LOYALIST!
Neutropolis (15-20) = Loyalist (Responsibility) -> Resistance (Warden) -> Loyalist (Power) -> Resistance (Crusader) -> LOYALIST!

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

Astralock

• Inf: +3/-0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Praetorian DISloyalty!
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2023, 02:53:22 am »
This is an excellent guide, one I've used before.  However, after extensive testing, I'd just like to point out that the level ranges are a little off.  If you ding level 8, some of the Nova Praetoria contacts will refuse to talk with you.  If you ding level 19, Provost Marchand will refuse to talk with you.  So if you haven't started opened up both IVy and Dr. Hetzfeld by level 19, you won't get the bread crumb missions.

So to be on the safe side, your best bet is to turn off XP at level 7 while in Nova Praetoria, and level 18 in Neutropolis.  You can always do the repeatable missions to finish leveling.

Redlynne

• Inf: +7/-2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Praetorian DISloyalty!
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2023, 09:54:39 am »
This is an excellent guide, one I've used before.  However, after extensive testing, I'd just like to point out that the level ranges are a little off.  If you ding level 8, some of the Nova Praetoria contacts will refuse to talk with you.  If you ding level 19, Provost Marchand will refuse to talk with you.  So if you haven't started opened up both IVy and Dr. Hetzfeld by level 19, you won't get the bread crumb missions.

So to be on the safe side, your best bet is to turn off XP at level 7 while in Nova Praetoria, and level 18 in Neutropolis.  You can always do the repeatable missions to finish leveling.
I've encountered this myself while playing my (now two) Praetorians ... Redlynne and Ku no Ichi ... here on Rebirth.

The BREADCRUMB missions from Calvin Scott and Provost Marchand "key in" at levels 8 (Imperial) and 15 (Neutropolis).
So if you're levels 7 or 14, neither Contact will give you the breadcrumb missions for the next zone yet.

So what you have is a situation where the Calvin Scott/Provost Marchand "breadcrumb referrals" to zone Contacts are limited to 1-7, 8-14 and 15-18.
However, those breadcrumb referrals are COMPLETELY OPTIONAL and have no lingering effects. You get a token +XP for doing them, but nothing you'll ever REALLY notice in the long run (think defeat 2 minions equivalence), especially if you're disabling XP gain in order to "Do All The Things" in each zone along the way.

The actual Story Arc Contacts in each zone are 1-9, 8-14 and 15-19 ... because once you hit Level 20, the Contacts stop talking to you and push you either Hero/Villain choice and The Doorman for access to First Ward.
This is why I've notated the Level ranges for each zone the way I did, because it's when the Contacts giving missions for the Story Arcs stop giving you missions, which is divorced from when Calvin Scott/Provost Marchand want to give you breadcrumb missions for Contacts in the next zone.

So the situation is slightly more nuanced than you're making it out to be.
You can still walk up to any of the (aligned!) Contacts in your Level range, click on them and get them without a breadcrumb mission introduction from Calvin Scott/Provost Marchand.

Resistance (Warden) Contacts are all found "topside" and will talk to both Resistance and Loyalists.
Loyalist (Responsibility) Contacts are all found "topside" and will talk to both Resistance and Loyalists.
Loyalist (Power) Contacts are "mostly found topside" (the Deputy Assistant of Information in Nova Praetoria is an exception, since you have to be a Loyalist to enter the Loyalist Lounge club to access him) and will talk to Loyalists ONLY.
Resistance (Crusader) Contacts are all found "below" in the Resistance Bases, which can only be entered by the Resistance, effectively locking them into talking to Resistance ONLY.

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.