Author Topic: Reading Power Descriptions on Wiki  (Read 3056 times)

BradleyIFV

• Inf: +1/-0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Reading Power Descriptions on Wiki
« on: September 20, 2021, 10:02:55 am »
Back in the Old Days, I had done up a series of assessments of the various powersets used by each archetype, to find where there were gaps in coverage and opportunities in coming up with new sets. One area in particular that I didn't cover was the support powersets (primary for Defenders, secondary for Controllers, Corruptors, Masterminds). As I've been loading the individual effects from the archived Paragon Wiki into an Excel spreadsheet to get everything organized to run the assessment, I've been dealing with some oddness in how powers and power effects are described:
  • Some powers are said to affect Allies and some Team-only - I disagreed with some of the interpretations given, based on my decade-old memories, but I'm quite likely wrong. What powers are legitimately Team-only versus affecting any Allies? Never mind, I got it straight: Team is intended for effects on both Allies and Self (although there are powers that make sense as Team that are marked Ally).
  • Slow shows up in the Wiki as a status effect in and of itself, but also has component effects of -Speed and -Recharge - some powers only have one or the other effect, but many (Infrigidate, Snow Storm (both ColdDom and Storm), Sleet, Howling Twilight, Lingering Radiation, Freezing Rain, Time Crawl, Distortion Field, Web Grenade, Entangling Arrow, Glue Arrow, Ice Arrow) have both without it being called Slow. I see that there are four powers (Arctic Fog, Adrenaline Boost, Speed Boost, Thaw) that offer +Resist (Slow), but none that offer +Resist for Speed or Recharge debuffs - is this working as intended?
  • Some Ally/Team individual shields/buffs are listed as "Targeted AoE" (e.g., Deflection Shield), while others are listed without that designation (e.g., Ice Shield). Again, my memory is that those were always individual buffs, but those might have been changed before the Old Days' demise.
I'll probably have more questions like this - stay tuned.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 02:02:05 pm by BradleyIFV »