Author Topic: Ranged  (Read 2732 times)

shatterpoint

• Inf: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Ranged
« on: October 06, 2021, 10:10:21 pm »
I've made a few ranged characters. I'm finding that the first power pick says very fast...isn't. I'm also finding that the inherent power (taser, mutagen etc) does more damage than the first power pick AND recharges faster. This is sad and needs fixed.

ElBee

• Administrator
  • Inf: +6/-0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Ranged
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2021, 11:23:01 pm »
This power goes down in damage as you continue to level. Once you hit around.. 8 or so? It is outpaced by having your other powers on top of it's damage bonus being reduced significantly. It is literally there so you can have more than your one attack very early.
Issue 6 has been released! You can find the patch notes here:
https://forum.cityofheroesrebirth.com/index.php/topic,3735.0.html

BradleyIFV

• Inf: +1/-0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2021, 11:59:43 am »
I'd be in favor of moving the origin short-range powers changed from permanent "temporary" powers (i.e., without slotting opportunities) into ranged Brawls (i.e., automatic or selectable "Inherent Fitness" powers/power pools with at least one slot). Because I'm a shameless alt-aholic, I play a lot of lowbie characters and regularly use the origin renged powers to fill gaps in my attack sequences. Even if I could only slot for Accuracy, Damage, EndDisc, and Recharge (i.e., not for secondary effects), that would help with the early game.

Might there be other minor powers (e.g., Ninja Run) that could see the same treatment?

Kismet

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2021, 07:18:29 pm »
It's hilarious how crazy the damage on an inherent origin power can get on a Brute, seeing as how Fury affects it. Talk about a single power outpacing all other attacks... for the first few levels mind you, then as Bee mentioned, the origin powers quickly drop off in effectiveness.

Danaid

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2021, 07:13:35 pm »
Seriously! With enough Fury built up you can one-shot minions early on.

In reference to the OP, the various recharge descriptions are, I think, relative.