Author Topic: New Metal Armor set idea  (Read 1837 times)

Keeno333

• Inf: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
New Metal Armor set idea
« on: October 23, 2022, 06:47:19 am »
Iron Hide: Auto Self +Res (Smashing, lethal,) + Res- Res Debuff

image.png.690afa526c5a7ff828af980e32439e0b.png  - Steel Body: Toggle Self +Def(Smash, Lethal, Energy) +Res(Toxic)

image.png.96d976c4f8e7014083570c642d6f9e28.png -  Gold Patches: Toggle Self +DEF(Energy), +Res(Energy)

image.png.77f0cfbcd5064ee8541e3256a82ed0cb.png  - Mercury Repair:   Self +HP, +Res(Toxic)

image.png.1f6dc53854e42e3a8f6ff11aeeb0828f.png  -  Platinum Lining: Toggle Self +Res (Disorient, Hold, Sleep, Immob, Knockback, End Drain, DEF Debuff), +Regen, -SPD, +Def

image.png.e2401283997edbc3c291c6615800024b.png  - Titanium Lining: Toggle Self +Res(Fire, Cold)

image.png.1de359283165f0f85d51e7826e567f6a.png   - Silver Patches:  Toggle Self +DEF(Neg), +Res(Neg)

image.png.7a573208f6717166e03d13fb8d9e6430.png  - Tin Covering: Auto Self +DEF(Psionic), Self +Res(Psionic), +Res(Confuse), +Perception

image.png.0b3d27c7c2af2642e1dd1706293f2807.png  - Tungsten Plating: Self +DEF All +Res All ,-Rech, -SPD, -DMG

BradleyIFV

• Inf: +1/-0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: New Metal Armor set idea
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2022, 12:13:18 pm »
I'd probably swap Iron Hide and Steel Body, as all but two of the defensive powersets have the first toggle in the Level 1 (all but Tankers) power - the two that aren't are Willpower (+RES(all) +maxHP) and Invulnerability (+RES(S/L, DDB), and probably should be swapped in its set).  An Auto-power at Level 1 isn't terribly effective and doesn't offer any real advantage in Endurance savings if the melee character doesn't take a 2nd defensive power for a few levels (not enough other stuff that demands END, plus inherent Stamina starting at Level 2).

I'm not sure how I like the split +DEF / +RES setup, mostly because I don't know if it's bad (if splitting the effectiveness between two different paths makes neither provide enough protection when combined) or if it's too good (if having multiple power effects that can each be buffed gives a far greater benefit than a more specialized powerset that might hit effect caps in its one area).  With a single power that just protects against Energy and another versus just Negative, it looks to be very strong there, especially adding in the +RES to Energy on the first toggle.

It's very same-same compared to Stone Armor, with a lot of all-the-time defensive toggles (some self-debuffs included) and a 9th power super-toggle with harsher self-debuffs.  The Mercury Repair doesn't have the +maxHP of Earth's Embrace (and most other similar powers) - are you buffing the other effects to compensate?  It's odd that you kept the Fire/Cold protection as just +RES when everything else (besides Toxic) is split between DEF/RES.  And I'm not sure what you're doing with the Psionic protection, as Stone Armor runs that as a toggle rather than Auto (and you have both the +DEF and +RES with "Self" in front, like they operate through different vectors - is one Auto and one click?) - would you still be able to keep the +RES(Confuse) and +Perception, on top of useful +DEF and +RES as an Auto?

This basically looks like Stone Armor but just better, not even really its own thing - the self-debuffs are only to Speed and don't restrict fly or jump movement.  Other than maybe Psionic (if it is only an Auto-power), there isn't really a weakness in the set, certainly not distinct from Stone Armor.  If the +DEF / +RES doesn't present a balance nightmare, that's a decent start to making it more unique but it'll need more love to get to its own niche.

Keeno333

• Inf: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: New Metal Armor set idea
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2022, 09:48:10 am »
then how would u make it better?