Author Topic: Entrepreneur badge not awarding crafting discount tokens  (Read 2694 times)

BladeSnow

• Inf: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • 'Live' CIT character list
    • Awards
Entrepreneur badge not awarding crafting discount tokens
« on: December 01, 2021, 05:34:51 pm »
I've got at least 4 characters with the dayjob accolade Entrepreneur from earning both Shopkeeper and Day Trader. It is supposed to award you crafting discount tokens which give you a discount when crafting inventions. I've tried parking characters in both the Atlas Park and Talos Island Wentworths, and several shops around in various zones. On my list of things to try I haven't got around to yet is touring all the WW & shops in every zone, but given some of the other oddities of this accolade that I'm aware of that takes a while.

As yet I've still not earned any crafting discount tickets despite making sure to wait multiple days between logins on some of the characters. I mention that because I'm aware from both my experiences on live and encountering a similar issue on Homecoming that unlike nearly every other day job accolade, Entrepreneur appears to not keep track of fractional times. If you log in before the interval which would make an award, you get nothing and start over. The interval for Entrepreneur is quite a bit longer than most of them I believe, and if you logged in every day on live you'd never get a ticket.

Unless the time for each award is set FAR higher than I've ever seen, it is simply not working at all on Rebirth. My latest test I waited until the "days offline" was showing 3 days on a couple of characters standing in Talos Wentworth and the tech shop in Talos, and still nothing. It's a minor thing, but wanted to get a report filed so someone can look into it one of these days. I'd also suggest lowering the time to a smaller fraction of a day OR fixing the "discard fractions" if that's what's happening, so you don't get screwed for logging in every alt on a daily basis.

Also possible someone may know a spot that works or some odd thing you need to do to get the crafting discounts to award. I think I remember a time even on live where only certain shops or Wentworths in certain zones were awarding the tickets, though I thought by i23 they had sorted all that out. I'll continue my slow testing and update if I ever see any award.
The first million I-trials, they were the worst. The second million I-trials, they were the worst, too. The third million I didn't enjoy at all. After that I began to go into a bit of a decline.

Joshex

• Inf: +3/-1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Entrepreneur badge not awarding crafting discount tokens
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2021, 04:57:36 pm »
Edit: let me be clear, I am not part of the dev team at all, just another player like you.

The team is aware of this issue. Thank you for posting about it here in the forums for there to be a record. They are largely sure they know what might be causing it. But have not found the time to fix it yet as there are a few more pressing issues.

I too have several characters with this accolade and am experiencing the same thing. It bothers me as well. I had previously openned a ticket about it on the discord server, I think they closed it. So this thread is a good reminder.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2021, 07:19:22 pm by Joshex »

FarmTank

• Developer
  • Inf: +14/-0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2021, 06:14:16 pm »
Entrepreneur badge issue should be fixed and on the test server now,  It will elevate with the next release.

BladeSnow

• Inf: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • 'Live' CIT character list
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2021, 06:12:09 am »
Glad to hear you figured it out, in the meantime this tells me I may as well move the alts I've been slowly working through various locations trying to find one that works to other tasks. My vague recollection is that particular accolade kept getting fixed and rebroke in new and interesting ways on live, but it's been so long I may be conflating it with other odd issues. One of the many quirky mysteries of CoH. There were all kinds of weird quirks about some of the location based stuff like that, which did not always necessarily make it into the wiki entries or other references other than sometimes the old forums. Some red name back in the day quipped that they enjoyed code that fights back, but not so much when it keeps winning.

The first million I-trials, they were the worst. The second million I-trials, they were the worst, too. The third million I didn't enjoy at all. After that I began to go into a bit of a decline.