Author Topic: The Van Dorns  (Read 3554 times)

Draggynn

• Inf: +20/-0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
The Van Dorns
« on: May 30, 2021, 02:45:31 am »
I was excited when I finally got my hands on the City of Heroes lore bible to look up my favorite curiosity which was that Countess Crey and Clamor shared a last name: Clarissa Van Dorn and Eve Van Dorn.  When I met the developers at conventions I asked about this connection, I was met with blank looks, but I hoped there was something hidden away in the lore bible that they just weren't familiar with.

Well, having read through the bible, I am saddened to say there truly does not appear to be any connection.  They just both had family that came from Dorn (Van Dorn meaning "from Dorn").  In fact, there is almost no information about Clamor at all in the bible (which seems sort of surprising given that she was and is the AV on a task force.)  On the upside, this means that my AE story exploring this connection from live (It definitely did not occur to me that I should have saved my AE missions at shutdown...) didn't contradict any existing lore.  At the rate I'm going with my current AE arc, I should get around to recreating this story in 5 years or so...

Do folks have their own secret theories about connections between characters in the game despite there being no supporting evidence?
@Draggynn: Storm Summoning Psychic Defender and Badge Hunter, formerly a resident of Virtue
See my collection of commissioned art: https://www.deviantart.com/drag-gynn

Donkyhotay

• Inf: +3/-0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The Van Dorns
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2021, 06:14:58 am »
I have a "headcanon" (personal theory) that Praetorian Stefan Richter wasn't killed. Marcus tried to kill him, and *thinks* he killed him, but Stefan barely survived and has been hiding in the shadows of Praetoria all these years. From behind the scenes Stefan has tried to get his revenge against Tyrant. Stefan encouraged/manipulated MacArthur to nuke Tyrant in Korea, then manipulated MacArthur to nuke Shroud City to flush Cole out of hiding. My headcanon even says that Stefan helped Dr. Hamidon with his research hoping to create something able to take down Tyrant, though of course it completely backfired and resulted in the Hamidon, an omnicidal creature *worse* then Tyrant.
Do not be afraid to joust a giant just because some people insist on believing in windmills.