Author Topic: Comments: STATE OF THE ISSUE: RI3  (Read 3403 times)

ElBee

• Administrator
  • Inf: +6/-0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Comments: STATE OF THE ISSUE: RI3
« on: March 21, 2022, 07:31:10 pm »
Place comments here about the announcement
Issue 6 has been released! You can find the patch notes here:
https://forum.cityofheroesrebirth.com/index.php/topic,3735.0.html

Firemind

• Inf: +3/-1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Comments: STATE OF THE ISSUE: RI3
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2022, 03:33:08 am »
Hi! New to the forums and to Rebirth as of yesterday. My friend showed me all the cool things the Rebirth team has been doing and decided to roll up a couple of toons!

I like the robust costume creator options, and the Fitness changes are pretty cool too. I always like more enhancement slots.

Looking at your snippets of the future, I don't recognize the power icons for the first two powers, but I'm assuming the last 4 are Black Dwarf, Spring Attack, White Dwarf and Burnout respectively. I like the idea of tweaking some pool powers to make them more attractive. I think the pool attack powers need some love especially. Lord knows I would take Flurry as a cool flavor option on almost every speedster if it wasn't inherently worse than primary/secondary/ancillary powers. I've always had an idea to have other Speed pool powers create synergies with Flurry similar to how the Fighting pool works. If you are tweaking HEATs, I'm curious to see what you all are planning there as well.

I'm excited to see what you guys come up with in the future!

SilverAgeFan

• Developer
  • Inf: +5/-0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2022, 08:03:45 am »
Oh hey! Thanks for the words of support.

While the dev in me is totally focused on the cosmetic work I'm currently engaged in, the player in me (who has been able to see the WIP on the pool revamp) is also super excited for things to make it to live. As I understand it, the pool revamp is extensive enough that it will need to be broken into two (logically segmented) chapters spread over a couple issues. The fitness changes are sort of a preamble and represent by far the most concise adjustment.

Without locking in the devs spearheading the project to any specific change, I think I am allowed to say they are working from a philosophy that no single pool power should feel like punitively prerequisite and they want players to feel tempted to go deep into many of the pools. So I think you too will be excited by what is in store!

ScaerieTale

• Inf: +1/-0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2022, 11:48:48 pm »
This is excellent news all around.  I've been quietly following the CoH/V/R scene since the original SCoRE news broke (played from Issue 1 back in the day).  I love the passion the different teams are putting into their respective projects, but I'm probably most excited to hear that you've got your own dev tools up and working to make content creation easier.

I remember the Paragon/NCNorCal devs griping a lot about how clunky their dev tools were, back when they were designing AE haha.  Anyway thanks for the hard work and dedication.  This game got me through some extremely rough times in my life, but even if it hadn't, there's still just been no other game like it since, and I love that a whole new generation of gamers is discovering it now too <3

Best of luck!