Author Topic: Rebirth Herocrafting  (Read 3182 times)

Redraw

Rebirth Herocrafting
« on: April 25, 2022, 10:53:59 pm »
Hi everyone, I'm a longtime COH vet and looking forward to playing on this server. I originally came back with the big rush on HC in 2019 and it felt great to get back into the game, but I haven't played for about a year.

I've always loved making builds and I'm wondering if there's a hero-crafter of some sort, like a Mids reborn alternative. The HC team are quite fond of arbitrarily changing and nerfing things, and it feels like the game is hardly even recognizable anymore over there.... But I digress.

I'd love a hero-crafter that has accurate numbers for this server, even if it's not overtly polished/pretty/etc. Step two for me after account creation is theory-crafting, and then, eventually (once it's ready...  ;)) I actually make the character.

Looking forward to getting through step 2 and playing with you all in the near future!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 10:57:23 pm by Redraw »

ElBee

• Administrator
  • Inf: +6/-0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Rebirth Herocrafting
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2022, 05:02:37 pm »
Hey there! Welcome!
We do have a bespoke copy of mids reborn floating around. You can find it here: https://forum.cityofheroesrebirth.com/index.php/topic,127.0.html
It's a little out of date but from what I've heard, were close to getting an update going. Hope this helps!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2022, 05:05:27 pm by ElBee »
Issue 6 has been released! You can find the patch notes here:
https://forum.cityofheroesrebirth.com/index.php/topic,3735.0.html

Nekrovile

• Developer
  • Inf: +6/-0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Rebirth Herocrafting
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2022, 02:02:32 am »
Keep in mind that the version linked there isn't perfect. There are some placeholder images, and some powersets such as radiation armor that may not reflect Rebirth's numbers. I am slowly going through each power to try and find errors. So far I have gone through Guardians, Blasters, and Scrappers.

There is a newer version of Mids that will be released soon(tm). We are working with the people over at Mids Reborn to have newer things such as the inherent slots for health and stamina. They have been a huge help and are doing all of the hard work to make Mids work. All I have done is use what they have made for us to edit the database and try and reflect Rebirth's numbers. There still are some bugs being worked on right now, so it isn't ready just yet.

Once that comes out, the database will still not be perfect, but this newer version of Mids will be much easier for me to edit. Unless a meteor destroys my house or something similar, I plan to fix the powersets with the most errors sometime in the summer.