Author Topic: ⚠️ UNPLANNED SERVER MAINTENANCE: Some disruptions may occur ⚠️  (Read 3167 times)

retched

• Administrator
  • Inf: +4/-0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Our datacenter has just informed me that they will be performing maintenance on our routers and switches today. During this maintenance, there may be disruptions to all facets of the game. (Forums, account maintenance, game world)

If you experience any of these disruptions during the time frame, they're estimating about 9 PM EST and onward, please do not open a new ticket via PPD Drone. Instead use rebirth-help and keep an eye on this channel for updates.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

- GM retched

retched

• Administrator
  • Inf: +4/-0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
⚠️ UNPLANNED SERVER MAINTENANCE: PART TWO ⚠️
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2022, 01:05:22 am »
Okay, so I just spoke with the data center and they told me that the maintenance is complete. Our servers (live and PTS) have completed their move and up and running and the total downtime wasn't that bad.

The bad news: we had to complete change the DNS routing of them. Nonetheless, we've sent word to have our DNS cache cleared up and the new DNS will be propagated soon. (The down side: it's not a universal thing and depending on ISP, will take a while.)

We'll keep the box up and going to see how things are in the morning when DNS should propagate. But there should be no major fuss going forward.

Again, if there's any issues related to this one, use help-desk  instead of PPD Drone. (If it's an emergency, like morning has come and come, then send in a PPD Drone ticket.)

Have a good evening all, I'll let you know if I have any more updates.

- retched