Author Topic: City of Data v2.0  (Read 2322 times)

Redlynne

• Inf: +7/-2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
City of Data v2.0
« on: December 13, 2022, 03:17:15 pm »
City of Data v2.0

Bookmarked in my browser.  8)

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

wyldhaunt

• Inf: +5/-0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: City of Data v2.0
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2022, 11:45:09 am »
Redlynne, thank you for posting this, however since https://cod.uberguy.net/html/help.html?page=overview says this site is based on Homecoming data, we won't be able to rely on everything we find there for Rebirth.

The goal is fun! Currently playing Alpine, Amberguard, And Go, Lalaine the Joyous, So Flow the Tears, Sesia, Tymhestloedd, aTomiGrrl, Cool Hand Lexi, Gnawt, Sharknado, and Wyldhaunt.

wyldhaunt on our Discord; was a Guardianite from Issue 2 to shutdown

Draggynn

• Inf: +20/-0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2022, 12:16:21 pm »
I find it's most useful when looking at enemy powers since those haven't changed much across servers.
@Draggynn: Storm Summoning Psychic Defender and Badge Hunter, formerly a resident of Virtue
See my collection of commissioned art: https://www.deviantart.com/drag-gynn

Redlynne

• Inf: +7/-2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2022, 12:28:26 pm »
Redlynne, thank you for posting this, however since https://cod.uberguy.net/html/help.html?page=overview says this site is based on Homecoming data, we won't be able to rely on everything we find there for Rebirth.

Granted, this is Homecoming specific info ... but being able to cross-reference discrepancies (in a more usable format) has value of its own.
Also, there are all kinds of pseudo-pets spawned by powers that are accessible through this site, which are not to be found through wayback machine links to the City of Data v1.0 site ... so that's useful.

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

wyldhaunt

• Inf: +5/-0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2022, 04:05:51 pm »
Yep, I'm sure it has use, however I wanted people reading the Rebirth forums to know that the data there is being read from Homecoming, not Rebirth.

The goal is fun! Currently playing Alpine, Amberguard, And Go, Lalaine the Joyous, So Flow the Tears, Sesia, Tymhestloedd, aTomiGrrl, Cool Hand Lexi, Gnawt, Sharknado, and Wyldhaunt.

wyldhaunt on our Discord; was a Guardianite from Issue 2 to shutdown

Kismet

• Inf: +1/-0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2022, 11:53:45 am »
I'm echoing Wyldhaunt's sentiment that we should avoid posting Homecoming specific data, if at all possible. There are already multiple posts in our sparse forums from Homecoming refugees that not only contain false data, but the posters seem to behave as if the powers-that-be at Rebirth have somehow disabled/nerfed things like Attunement (as it's implemented on HC in the form of making enhancement sets function at lower than their actual levels).

Certainly, the vast majority of data is still shared between the two games, but given the Defense Typing changes at HC, even the critter data may become specious. A bit of context when posting something localized for another server would be greatly appreciated.

FarmTank

• Developer
  • Inf: +14/-0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2022, 07:40:21 pm »
I remember there was some discussion at the dev level about city of data stuff for rebirth a while ago.  I can bring it up with the rest of the team to see if anything came from that.