Author Topic: New Taunting Proc Suggestion  (Read 1769 times)

Joshex

• Inf: +3/-1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
New Taunting Proc Suggestion
« on: July 29, 2022, 06:49:45 pm »
So, after playing a scrapper for a significant amount of time, especially one with firey aura that takes Blazing Aura, Presence becomes increasingly important.

Blazing aura typically causes everything to run after one hit. However if taunted they will not run.

Tankers get Gauntlet, this taunts enemies with every attack cast. so on a tanker Blazing Aura taunts with each attempt to cast. this is not the case on brutes scrappers etc.

This brings us to the potential benefit of a UNIQUE proc enhancement that can be slotted on one power, that causes that one power to gain Gauntlet abilities. (other powers will not gain this function, just the enhanced power and only while activated.)

Naturally this means that Blazing Aura could be slotted with this on any AT that gets it to more or less stop enemies from running.

This is not a proc everyone will use on every AT, simply because for some ATs it'd be dangerous for them to attract too much agro. but for brutes and scrappers, and a good build it'd help a lot.

The only issue is I have no idea for the rest of the set, I suggest a Lv 10 to 50 set that can slot on PBAoE. Maybe Add it to Cleaving Blow! that one is lacking a proc and only has 4 total. could also add another small bonus to the list if someone slots all 5 Cleaving Blow.

Refined suggestion:

[Cleaving Blow: Chance for Taunt 33%]
UNIQUE - you may only slot 1 of this enhancement across your whole build.
On each Cast, this power is granted a 33% chance of casting a Taunt Mag 4 on each target, Cancel on Miss.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2022, 07:07:29 pm by Joshex »

SilverAgeFan

• Developer
  • Inf: +5/-0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: New Taunting Proc Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2022, 10:57:04 pm »
Interesting.

We're definitely not done introducing new sets, event sets, or general recipes. I don't know exactly when the next round will be, but I'll pass this idea along to the team members doing the most work on related projects.

It might be of some inspiration to them. Thanks for posting it!