Author Topic: Ri4 Glowing Skins Under Masks & Shirts Request  (Read 2889 times)

Joshex

• Inf: +3/-1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Ri4 Glowing Skins Under Masks & Shirts Request
« on: August 14, 2022, 01:59:57 pm »
So, I had to settle for changing Plasma Gal's top from Cybertech 5 to Haltertop under glowing skins. what I had actually wanted was to keep Cybertech5 Opaque and just have her skin set to Plasma glow (as per her name), the same happened with her mask (diamonds), I wanted to keep the mask opaque while making her face set to Plasma glow.

for now she glows but these two parts are glowing/transparent with the skin.

So I think a request to add glowing skin Under Chests, Masks etc. is in order. I realize it's a lot of work and I appreciate what you've done already.

I can imagine there might also be players who would want the opposite (glowing clothes and normal skin)

Also I kinda didn't have time to prepare well for the costume contest. Will there be another?

but the main point is to request glowing skins as an option under each shirt texture (leaving the shirt itself non-glowing). in case of my example of Cybertech 5 that would set the shoulders back and arms to glowing/transparent etc. while leaving the actual shirt alone. like an almost invisible person puts on clothes and the clothes don't become invisible.

Right now this is possible with gloves, skirts, and boots but not tops or masks.

Regardless any effort into this is much appreciated!

SilverAgeFan

• Developer
  • Inf: +5/-0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Ri4 Glowing Skins Under Masks & Shirts Request
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2022, 12:41:07 am »
Hi Joshex,

I'm not sure if I'm reading your request correctly. But I think what you are asking for here are the new glowing skin options to be woven into the "integrated tights" already in game? Things like "halter top", "bustier", "single shoulder halter", etc.--where you can pick your under and over material?

If that is your request, you're in luck. This was a stretch goal on Issue 4 that there just wasn't time for. But it is one of my first tasks for Issue 5. In fact, I just spent a lot of hours over the past week weaving the new skin options throughout the diversified gloves on male, female, and huge.

So know that this is indeed coming.

Glowing over garments in integrated tights though will likely not be happening due to how our menus are structured and that will lead to significant menu bloat. (There are some other special things planned eventually for the top layer garments.) For better or worse, players who want glowing clothing will need to make the existing neck to waist to elbow full chest options work for them, be it the baggy or tight tops.

But yes, integrated tights are happening and coming next issue.

Face masks are a different story. You'll need to wait for when 3d domino masks get released in a different update in the future. (We have some specific things planned around those as well!)

Joshex

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2022, 11:16:30 am »
Yes! that is what I meant. Just to be sure, I will shoop a picture to ensure we are on the same page as it is a difficult visual concept to portray with words without some level of ambiguity.

This was my aim:

Image edited in The G.I.M.P (Gnu Image Malipulation Program) not a hack nor real screenshot.

I gather you are saying you have already pre-planned to do shirts and such this way in the next release. Awesome! you are way ahead of my request then  :D

And From my understanding Masks like this one will be finished in an even later future release. correct?

Well, That's just awesome! keep up the good work I and many others look forwards to it!

as for glowing clothes, yeah I can understand.

SilverAgeFan

• Developer
  • Inf: +5/-0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2022, 02:10:47 pm »
See the two attached images. These are WIP test screens of Neon under the Bustier integrated tights top and paired with the Small Pointed diversified gloves.

A goal for Issue 5 is to expand all the glowing skins to these options.

Regarding 3d domino masks, those are in a state of production. But we do want to tie them like capes and auras to a mini-arc to unlock fully. A few basic models will be available at level 1. The intent is to have a lvl 10 arc that goes into the trope of "Why wear a mask?" for all alignments (including goldside).

Just like capes and auras, there will likely be a card in the All Hallows' Eve pack that unlocks them globally from lvl 1. But we definitely want to weave them into player progression for players. There are about 15-25 mask models in various states of production. This particular feature keeps getting pushed back by other work.
asym173a.jpg
asym173c.jpg
« Last Edit: August 27, 2022, 02:14:50 pm by SilverAgeFan »

Joshex

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2022, 01:03:09 pm »
See the two attached images. These are WIP test screens of Neon under the Bustier integrated tights top and paired with the Small Pointed diversified gloves.

A goal for Issue 5 is to expand all the glowing skins to these options.

Regarding 3d domino masks, those are in a state of production. But we do want to tie them like capes and auras to a mini-arc to unlock fully. A few basic models will be available at level 1. The intent is to have a lvl 10 arc that goes into the trope of "Why wear a mask?" for all alignments (including goldside).

Just like capes and auras, there will likely be a card in the All Hallows' Eve pack that unlocks them globally from lvl 1. But we definitely want to weave them into player progression for players. There are about 15-25 mask models in various states of production. This particular feature keeps getting pushed back by other work.

Eh hem, good sir, please check the UVWs of the pants/legs they don't appear to be exactly at the top of the pant's texture space making a crease where tops meet bottoms. I had sent a PM related to this earlier noticing a slight change in shading, but now I see why, it wasn't specularity or bumpmap oriented, it was the UVWs not being laid out exactly over the legs texture space (near the top).

Cheers, I hope you see this as it's not a bug per se as it is a UV face edge misplacement and really aught to be "reported" rather than in suggestions, however I already had this thread so... I put it here.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 03:28:28 pm by Joshex »