Author Topic: Request: AE Custom Character SingleBottoms  (Read 2054 times)

Joshex

• Inf: +3/-1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Request: AE Custom Character SingleBottoms
« on: February 23, 2023, 11:28:08 am »
This post is requesting "single bottoms" such as a snake tail or a pool of muck/slime in AE, a bottom that does not have 2 legs but rather a single tail or pedistal etc.

So we already have the graphics for a snake tail in the Talons of Vengeance it'd be nice to be able to make our own custom lamias and nagas and gorgons.

However, at the moment this is not possible as it's not an available option under bottoms> monstrous.

I know that it requires a different rig, so in example not all emotes will be available or may play differently on such a rig, To be honest, just giving it slither, stand, jump, and knock down/back anims would be sufficient.

Naturally kicking attacks would all have to default to a tail whip animation.

Secondly I'm proposing another such "single leg bottom" such as on a slime monster where it has 2 legs but they are fused in the middle and have a slime bolb around the bottom. but that could be farther in the future than a snake tail as we don't have the graphics yet. technically this could work under 2 legs, but I think kicks would be a bit strange.

lastly another single bottom we do have is the Mu vestment bottom.

SilverAgeFan

• Developer
  • Inf: +5/-0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Request: AE Custom Character SingleBottoms
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2023, 07:31:46 pm »
I too have thought about this... it is a bit of a puzzle to solve were we to ever get there. Especially in a meaningful manner that is generalized enough and works with other costume parts readily.

Joshex

• Inf: +3/-1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Request: AE Custom Character SingleBottoms
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2023, 09:15:09 am »
I too have thought about this... it is a bit of a puzzle to solve were we to ever get there. Especially in a meaningful manner that is generalized enough and works with other costume parts readily.

Indeed, this may not be easy. because it changes the rig it's an issue. In my experience messing around with similar character customization methods in blender GE, using the EditObject actuator and ReplaceMesh, that replaced mesh needs to have rigging weight applied to the same armature object and bones by name. So for a different rig you need another set of models for all the body parts, ideally copies, from there it's data handling and naming conventions to tell it what mesh to load from what object.

keep in mind some meshes might have weight applied to them from bones that don't exist in the single bottom rig (hips L R, thighs L R) so that rigging will need to be cleared and the single bottom bone replacing it on these copy parts. the effected parts would include potentially: skirts, shorts(remove shorts), kilts, belts, and lets not forget the actual stomach part of the tops; such as full body robes and capes anything that nears the waist could potentially have some small amount of weight applied to it from the hips or legs.

it'd also mean removing sub selections under bottoms for this specific bottom type: no boots, no 2 legged pants etc. and also effect Auras.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2023, 12:06:34 pm by Joshex »