Author Topic: Sector Protector  (Read 1439 times)

Agent Canada

• Inf: +1/-0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Sector Protector
« on: March 22, 2023, 09:43:37 am »
SECTOR PROTECTOR
Code Name: Sector Protector
Place of Birth: Washington
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 200 lbs.
Eye Color: Blue
Hair Color: Silver gray

Distinguishing Features: Remarkable physique for a man his age.
Strength Level: Normal for a man in his prime, he likes to keeps fit.
Personality: Charming and debonair, not unlike many of the roles he's played over the years. He also can't help himself he attacks his role as Sector Protector the same as he would if he were still Owlman.
Other Abilities: Far better an actor than most people would give him credit for and possessing a killer wit. He often simply out smarts / out classes his opponents.
Limitations: While physically his age no longer limits him, he is still a product of his time. This sometimes creates an artificial age gap between the younger heroes and himself.

Origin: Magic - triggered by the proximity to exploding crystals, focused by the crystal he managed to save.
Powersets: Blaster - Energy/Energy

Pic & Bio:
  Adam Westings was many things, actor, celebrity, and of course Television's original Owlman. Having aged gracefully, avoiding many of the pitfalls that plagued Hollywood personalities, he became a cult hero. Semi-retired and working only enough to keep himself occupied, he took to cataloging rare memorabilia.

While cataloging and filming the studio of an infamous director, one who had been charged with all sorts of crimes, including a notorious"contract", Adam discovered a hidden room, a room in which no earthly light entered, lit only by the pulsating blue crystals set into the walls. Awed by the soothing and invigorating effect the blue room had, he lost all awareness of time and space. That is until a strange high pitched whine barely within human range set the crystal in sympathetic vibration. The gently pulsating blue lights began to throb demonically, Adam's senses reeled as the smaller crystals cracked and shattered. Heart racing, he searched for the door, but in the dimming light he could focus his eyes only upon the last intact crystal. He came to the macabre realization, that if this last crystal shattered so too would his heart. Adam had just pried the silver dollar sized piece of crystal from the wall with his cane and was smothering it to his chest when he collapsed.

"Mr. Westings, you're wanted on the set"
 "Mr. Westings... are you okay?"

Slowly, painfully, Adam staggered to his feet. His muscles firming and expanding as he rose. His body glowed blue as strength and vigor flooded the frame. Collecting himself he responded " Yes... I'm fine,I'll... be right out." Brushing the residue from his jacket he noticed the the room was devoid of all crystals excepting the one still he still held firm in his palm. "Astounding" pocketing the piece and tossing aside his cane he strode over to the sound stage, a veritable dynamo. "After all the show must go on."

(OOC) Sector Protector is a loving tribute to the actor Adam West but not his Batman, while Adam did play an "Owlman" on television, Sector Protector is more like Green Lantern in effect.

Agent Canada

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Sector Protector
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2023, 10:07:31 am »
SECTOR PROTECTOR aka CRYSTAL CRUSADER

When I first made Adam Westings he was created to join a new team of heroes who's powers would all be based around the notion that the Circle of Thorns crystals could be used as power sources for the new heroes, much like the Green Lantern Corps uses Will Power and a Central Battery. I jumped at it and made Crystal Crusader, named both for his origin story and the word play Caped Crusader / Crystal Crusader.
  The team concept was approved but didn't have a proper name yet and it was suggested that my character's name would make for a better team name than a few of the already offered ones. I gladly gave it up and remade Adam as Sector Protector. After all was said and done, the team chose not to be named The Crystal Crusaders and quickly fell apart, Sector Protector however has stood the test of time.

Agent Canada

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2023, 04:29:07 pm »
  I would go on to remake Sector Protector in Champions Online when City of Heroes closed down. It was never the same but I did have fun offering up a lot of free artwork as part of Sector Protector's backstory. These are just a few of myself or that included myself as part of the doodle. The differences in costume pieces are slight but noticeable.

Agent Canada

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2023, 04:36:16 pm »
A few group pieces I like to call Little Heroes, Big Threat. A small selection of team mates vs a Marvel Sentinel.

A slightly bigger selection of heroes vs DC's Starro.

Fun stuff but clearly Sector Protector is back where he belongs.