Author Topic: New Pool Suggestions  (Read 1788 times)

Joshex

• Inf: +3/-1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
New Pool Suggestions
« on: September 24, 2023, 08:08:52 pm »
I know we just got new pools, such as utility belt and experimentation. it's time then to think about whats next, because making it will likely be a long job.

each pool has a theme, usually a combination of different things that other pools don't have ( so as not to make another pool's power redundant)

My suggestion is a "ninja arts" pool (your basic ninja arts) it's really hard to limit it to 5 powers.
starting level 4 selections are:
lv4 : Throw Shuriken Ranged, Minor Damage Lethal
lv4 : Substitution Jutsu, Targeted Aoe: Foe Placate, Summon Destructible Object, self +stealth(15seconds)
--must have chosen one of the above to select below--
lv14 : Taijutsu (toggle) +Run Speed, +Jump height, +Def(AoE, Melee, Ranged)
lv14 : Genjutsu, Targeted AoE, Foe blind, Foe Placate, foe Confuse, Moderate DoT Psionic
--must have 2 powers in pool to select below--
lv20 : Clone [summon clone] Endcost: 50, recharge moderate (can cast multiple times for multiple clones), clones: 10%% Your HP, 50 End, access to copies of 2 unenhanced versions of random powers from your primary and/or secondary, plus Throw Shuriken.

most of this pool is designed for squishies to cast when they need to run away.

Alternative powers I was going to include were, Throw Kunai (but we might not have the graphic), Caltrops, and Smokebomb(PbAoE minor dot Fire/Smashing, foe choke, foe blind (-perception))

Taijutsu was pulled from blaster secondary ninjitsu: Shinobi
An Alternate for Substitution jutsu, is to blind all enemies, placate, then TP the targeted enemy to you, hold them, and confuse the rest. thus they'll attack the held enemy and wonder where you've gone. naturally +stealth for the player so they can run away while the enemies defeat one of their own. I actually rather like this alternate, because it could be used to force arachnos to attack their Mu guardians and fortunatas, make malta attack the sappers, make tsoo attack healers, and make CoT earth mages cast quicksand on their own. but thinking about it technically this can be achieved with Substitution followed by Genjutsu.

Add other suggestions below.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2023, 12:39:38 am by Joshex »