News:

- Server is UP - Weekly Maintenance Sundays at 9 pm EST/2 AM GMT - Current Version: Rebirth Issue 6: Dawn of Genesis -

Absent

Started by Joshex, May 30, 2024, 09:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joshex

This thread is for notifying that you are to be absent for a prolonged period of time. you can leave reasons dates or other info about potential return dates.

Any one can use it for that purpose.

if you become active regularly in game, you can edit your post leaving the date you returned.

I am currently Partially Active here on rebirth. I have been starting to play again. gotta figure out where I left off lol. I still have some things I do during the day though, mostly gamedev stuff, I may make another offtopic thread with things I'm doing I learned alot;

Spoiler: ShowHide
I've mastered Sphere-mapping because I learned why seams and creases exist, even with normal maps. and of course I figured out ways to negate the seams and creases.

I also figured out how to use particle effects to create clouds, yeah, particle effects don't render in-game, but I can map a render of them from several angles to something.

along with seams and creases I learned how to get rid of visible object borders, so that they are essentially invisible (handy for when you are making hidden passages behind destructibles etc.)

I've been working on my female base model, I finished the hands entirely. (those that know what happened know I got stuck on them because of forgetting the math behind them. now I've perfected that.) - now I'm stuck redoing the hips and figuring out how to make a model that can be animated to both do the toe-touch and shake it's butt to dance, that.. that is my main stuck point right now. @_@.

the game I was working on (a puzzle game, not project bane) is on hold til I feel like going to fix the color input window. it needs some major reworking not only did I use way too many logic bricks to do it (and I planned to break it up and recode it) but I also perfected using the built-in bitmap font system, so I probably should just replace the digits and such with bitmap font text objects.

I also took some time to perfect my dynamic object track following methods.

we'll see where that takes me. still have a few things to perfect.