Author Topic: SAF's Dev Diary no. 1  (Read 4159 times)

SilverAgeFan

• Developer
  • Inf: +5/-0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
SAF's Dev Diary no. 1
« on: April 21, 2021, 07:59:12 pm »
Hello and welcome everyone!   :D

I'm one of the art devs here on Rebirth and this is my inaugural dev diary. My current primary focus is on player cosmetics. If you know me from the Discord, you'll recognize me from copious screenshots of things like emblem and cape pattern development, and more recently the glove diversification feature that made it into Rebirth Issue 1.

In the future, I'll be using installments of these diaries to share screens of works in progress, new or expanded features, and open up about my creative process in general.

I want you all to think of these diaries as a good place to get in touch with me regarding concerns, requests, and feedback. These are also places you can come to share your enthusiasm, screenshots, or just your love of the costume side of the game.

Know that it totally fuels me to see all the creative things people are doing with new options. As more and more costume options make it to either our Public Test Server (PTS) or Rebirth Live, consider dropping in on any of these diaries to share a screen of your latest creation made possible by parts old and new! Seeing parts in action, and used in both intended and unexpected ways can help guide me in future efforts to keep making Rebirth an amazing place for character costumes!!

Until the next diary, I'm going to leave an image here as an attachment and a tease. A few of you have already seen this elsewhere (along with maybe a few other peeks that were promptly deleted  ;) ). But I'm going to add a little more info this time: this is a screen shot of all the contents of one of three key .geo bundles that is the backbone of a MAJOR improvement coming with Rebirth Issue 2.

Going to leave the major reveal for our admins in the coming weeks. :-X But once that reveal drops, will be sharing oodles of images and insights! So definitely stay tuned. I think many of you are going to like what we've got cooking!

Draggynn

• Inf: +20/-0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: SAF's Dev Diary no. 1
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2021, 02:04:40 pm »
I am so excited for this series, and insight into the process.  Having seen some of the limited time teasers I have so many questions once the big reveal happens.  Given my rather meager number of alts I don't make new costumes very often, but I need to figure out something to do with that pangolin cape because I love it!!
@Draggynn: Storm Summoning Psychic Defender and Badge Hunter, formerly a resident of Virtue
See my collection of commissioned art: https://www.deviantart.com/drag-gynn

SilverAgeFan

• Developer
  • Inf: +5/-0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: SAF's Dev Diary no. 1
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2021, 01:42:19 pm »
but I need to figure out something to do with that pangolin cape because I love it!!

You are in luck!

You might recall that during Issue 1 testing, I asked for input from our players regarding which of the five capes people would like to see expanded into full body skin designs.

Pangolin made the list of the first five that will get that treatment! So you will have additional options across the whole body to mix and match with the cape, whatever you decide to do it.  :D :D :D