Having Trouble Connecting - Error on Tequila

Hi everyone. Long-time lover of CoH here, first time poster. I’m trying to connect to the server but am having trouble getting Tequila to work for me. It appears it downloaded all the necessary files to play but when I add the manifest thingy into Tequila and hit re-validate I get an error message:

“Manifest download error for https://join.cityofheroesrebirth.com/Manifests/Rebirth.xml
The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send.”

Does anyone know what this means/how to fix it? I get no play button and I’m trying to follow the download and installation guide here on the forum but I’m having trouble understanding what I’m doing wrong. Any help or advice would be very much appreciated. Also, sorry if I posted my issue in the wrong category. Thanks!

Can you verify if you have -auth i24.cityofheroesrebirth.com -patchdir rebirth on your launch parameters?

Anyway, Tequila has had a few developments focused towards SCORE-based servers which has given rise to some issues poppping up for Ouro-based servers. You are free to use Tequila, but since the latest source code for Tequila hasn’t been released, there is no way for us to look much deeper into/fixing Tequila-specific issues. you could try Cream Soda or even Sweet Tea instead.

Thanks for your reply. I didn’t have anything in the launch parameters before but I tried it with the quoted text and I still got the same error message. I will try Cream Soda and Sweet Tea. Will I have to get rid of Tequila for those to work? If it helps at all, I installed from a disc to program files. I read somewhere to try making the City of Heroes folder not read only, tried that but it reverts back to read only right away. I don’t remember what I did differently to get this error message but I have also gotten one for paragonchat.exe not working. I’m off to try another launcher and will update if anything changes. :slight_smile:

I get the same error message with Cream Soda and I guess Sweet Tea is for Mac so that one didn’t even run for me. :’(