Author Topic: Report on Jump Kick  (Read 1766 times)

Joshex

• Inf: +3/-1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Report on Jump Kick
« on: January 20, 2023, 08:27:01 pm »
So there are a few things amiss.

it seems a bit tempremental on range. that means if you are not in melee range but just outside of it, it does not TP you at all. The window between max melee range and max TP range is very small (probably should have longer range).

Animation: so normally theres a handstand flip kick now. and theres supposed to be the old standard flying jump kick when you are beyond max melee range, however that is not the case, the animation is still the hand stand kick.

1 Major issue: TP on a running target will cause you to turn around, then TP in the opposite direction! the attack apparently still hits but you are miles away lol. and it take a bit to chase them down from such a distance.

Minor issue, the TP does not cast at the correct range after a fly-by or jump-by. seems you must be on the ground for the TP effect to cast. Further more the Melee attack will not cast after a fly-by or jump-by either even if the correct range was reached. This differes from other powers, for example [Thunder Strike] in electric melee if you set it to activate next then jump past the target and land; the attack casts because you were in range though you are not in range when you land. this is the same with all other melee powers and is usually used to hop and punch things that jump into trees and such. but again this trick does not work with Jump Kick any more it will not activate after a jump even if the correct distance fromt he enemy was reached during the jump. to ensure it was reached I jumped right over the enemy's head touching him with my feet with the power ready to cast. upon landing the attack did not activate because I was out of range upon landing.

hope this info helps.

Joshex

• Inf: +3/-1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Report on Jump Kick
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2023, 07:53:26 pm »
A jump can be initiated while the power is casting.

Running can be done during the TP event for a massive TP forwards (likely allowing people to go through walls)

TPing into an enemy against a wall will cause a disorienting partial spin back and forth very quickly.