Author Topic: Suggestion: Account Storage Chest/Vault  (Read 2132 times)

Leichenengel

• Inf: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Suggestion: Account Storage Chest/Vault
« on: March 25, 2023, 09:11:54 am »
So I've been pondering about the whole "Exchange Items via InGame Mail" thing. What if the Vault Reserve Buildings contained not only the Character Vault but also an Account Vault? Maybe even integrate it into the base (not sure if that is even possible with the current vault).

It would be a fast way to exchange items/salvage between all your characters. It would work just like the current vault with the difference that it doesn't only accept salvage but also recipes, enhancements and other exchangeable items (in stacks). It would come with 8 free stacks to be stashed there and instead of gaining slots with leveling each toon on the account is able to buy slots via either inf or merits or even AE tickets. Depending on the currency used there could be different prices.

There could be 3 packs. A small pack adding 2 slots each, a medium pack adding 4 slots each and a big pack adding 6 slots each. Of course there should be a hard coded limit of how many slots the account vault can have.

Also maybe put a timer on the stacks stashed in there. If a stack expires it's gone. Otherwise the character-bound vault becomes obsolete because people would just stash all their salvage in the account vault. It's sort of mainly meant to be a place of exchange between ones alts. If people want to use it as a temporary storage there could be server messages (like those for reminding of tailor tokens or free respecs) to let the characters know, if the timer on one or more stacks in the account vault is running out in X hours.

It would also add the option of having some of your alt toons function as themed vault stashes. You could categorize the salvage into an order system you prefer and then use the character vault of the toons as storage for each category but exchange it around with the account vault when needed.

The interface of the current vault could be re-used but in a sort of tweaked sense. Something like a mix between the vault interface and the invention interface where the recipes are available as sub menu categories but also as tabs. So the tabs would give the whole thing a bit of order. Like having a tab for Salvage, Recipes, Enhancements, Special Items and Merits and one for all which should be the starting page and shows category menus like the recipe list in the invention interface.

The E-Mail-Timer could stay as it is or only have its time lowered and there was no need to raise the 20-mails inbox limit or ad stack attachments to the system.

Of course the actual slot limits and all that are up to the devs - this is merely a suggestion to get the idea across. Thanks for reading. If you like it and if it's possible and not too complicated and time consuming just add it to whatever to-do list you see fit  ;D  ;D  ;D

In case something like this exists for SG bases and all chars in the SG can access it it would still be a good addition for characters/people who don't have a SG and also don't want one
:3
I didn't come into this world to be as others want me to be!

jordan_yen

• Inf: +7/-0
    • View Profile
    • Jordan's Town
    • Awards
Re: Suggestion: Account Storage Chest/Vault
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2023, 11:36:28 am »
I like the idea, though the storage would have to be account-based and not character based if you are wanting to use it to transfer items between characters. If it was personal, sure, but otherwise what happens if your level 1 only has 8 slots - can they not see anything after that 8 that your other high characaters can?

Leichenengel

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2023, 08:08:54 am »
I like the idea, though the storage would have to be account-based and not character based if you are wanting to use it to transfer items between characters. If it was personal, sure, but otherwise what happens if your level 1 only has 8 slots - can they not see anything after that 8 that your other high characaters can?

I made pretty clear in the first sentence in ittalics that I am talking about an ACCOUNT vault type of thing. So EVERY character can view it but every Character can also contribute to its size. Hence why I suggested that INSTEAD of adding slots by level to offer Slot-Packs that can be bought by every toon on the account. It would be a pretty useless suggestion concept if I had said that the Account Stash would unlock slots through levels BECAUSE not every toon has the same level (especially those that would benefit from such a feature most...those lowbies who lack the inf, the salvage or the recipes to craft better enhancements for themselves ^^).

Redlynne

• Inf: +7/-2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2023, 11:09:27 am »
Even something as simple as a "20 item inventory space" account share of items would solve a LOT of character to character transfers on a single account.

You don't need a 100 item space (like a Salvage Rack) to serve this purpose ... a 20 item inventory (that can be cycled by logging alts) would be quite sufficient.
Note that in-game email has a limit of 20 also, so it's not like an account shared 20 slot inventory space would be unbalancing. At worst, it would make mass transfers between characters on a single account FASTER to complete, without risking hitting the 150 in-game mails per day.

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

Leichenengel

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2023, 05:36:11 pm »
Well I merely suggested possible options - I'd be happy if something like that would be realized at all and if it could hold stacks :D how the slots are handled and how large the thing will be I will leave up to the devs though 20 slots sound a bit poor idk 25 might be a reasonable thing. It would be an improvement compared to 20 in game mails but apparently still much lower than the stashing options in SG bases